The Shaw Group is a Fortune 500 corporation headquartered in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. As of February 27, 2011, the company employed approximately 28,000 people all over the world with 7 billion dollar revenue in 2010. Its core competencies are Engineering, Procurement, and Construction, piping, energy, chemical, and fossil and nuclear power.
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's December 31, 2010 filing.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Standardized Donation Informationcovers roughly through Q4 2012. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Shaw Group
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Shaw Group $3,050,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Energy & Nuclear Power,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Disaster & Emergency Planning,
- Marine, Boats & Fisheries,
- Labor, Antitrust & Workplace,
- Economics & Econ Development,
- Environment & Superfund
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.5297 Small Business Jobs and Credit Act of 2010 H.R.2454 American Clean Energy And Security Act of 2009 H.R.5136 National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2011 S.1462 American Clean Energy Leadership Act of 2009 S.3454 National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2011 S.1733 Green Taxis Act of 2009 S.2877 Carbon Limits and Energy for America's Renewal (CLEAR) Act H.R.3082 Surface Transportation Extension Act of 2010, Part II S.1436 Energy and Water Development and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2010 S.2776 Clean Energy Act of 2009
RegulationsMentioned in 19 dockets; Submitted to 2 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Shaw Group" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Shaw Group
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Shaw Group
- Toggle 2 EPA North Dakota Regional Haze State Implementation Plan 2010
- Toggle 2 HHS Rescission of the Regulation entitled "Ensuring That Department of Health and Human Services Funds Do Not Support Coercive or Discriminatory Policies or Practices in Violation of Federal Law"; Proposal 2009
- Toggle 2 EPA National Emission Standards for Hazardous Air Pollutants for Coal- and Oil-fired Electric Utility Steam Generating Units 2009
- Toggle 2 EPA Source Specific Federal Implementation Plan for Implementing Best Available Retrofit Technology for Four Corners Power Plant: Navajo Nation 2010
- Toggle 1 EPA Clean Air Transport Rule 2009
- Toggle 1 DOT Notice of Order Soliciting Community Proposals 2010
- Toggle 1 OSHA Advisory Committee on Construction Safety and Health (ACCSH) Membership Nominations - October Terms 2010
- Toggle 1 EPA Draft Guidance on Recommended Interim Preliminary Remediation Goals for Dioxin in Soil at CERCLA and RCRA Sites 2009
- Toggle 1 NRC AP1000 Design Certification Amendment 2010
- Toggle 1 FEMA National Disaster Recovery Framework 2010
Contractor Misconduct2 Instances
This information is collected by the Project On Government Oversight from press releases, court documents, news reports and other public records. It is not meant to be an exhaustive account of all instances of federal contractor misconduct.
More information on each instance, including primary source documents, is available on POGO's site by clicking on the instance description. More information on POGO's methodology is available here.
|Misconduct Type||Hired By||Incident||Year||Disposition||Penalty|
|Government Contract Fraud||TVA||Contract Fraud at TVA Nuclear Plants||2009||Settlement||$6,200,000|
|Labor||TVA||TVA Whistleblower Retaliation||2009||Judgment Against Defendant||$0|