Severstal (RTS:CHMF, MICEX:CHMF, LSE: SVST, FWB: RTS2) Russian: Северсталь, "Northern Steel") is a Russian company mainly operating in the steel and mining industry, centred in the northern city of Cherepovets. Severstal is listed in the RTS and LSE. As of 2009, it is the largest steel company in Russia according to The Metal Bulletin. The majority of the company's stock belongs to Alexey Mordashov. Severstal has owns major industrial facilities in Russia, Ukraine, Kazakhstan, France, Italy, and the United States, as well as in several African countries. The company also has mining assets in Russia and the USA, thus securing its supply of raw materials.
Campaign Finance$701 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- PAC Color Block
- Organization's PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars
State vs. Federalin dollars
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Severstal
Names of Lobbyists
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Automotive Industry,
- Energy & Nuclear Power,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Government Issues,
- Gaming, Gambling & Casinos
RegulationsMentioned in 21 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Severstal" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Severstal
- Toggle 10 EPA Air Quality Designations and Classifications for the 2010 SO2 Standards 2012
- Toggle 4 EPA Southeast Michigan PM 2.5 Redesignation and Maintenance Plan 2011
- Toggle 3 EPA NPDES - Reissuance of the Vessel General Permit for Discharges Incidental to the Normal Operation of Vessels (VGP) 2011
- Toggle 1 EPA 2008 Lead (Pb) Infrastructure SIPs (Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Ohio and Wisconsin) 2011
- Toggle 1 EPA None 2014
- Toggle 1 NHTSA Environmental Impact Statement for Corporate Average Fuel Economy (CAFE)Standards, Model Years 2017-2025 2011
- Toggle 1 EPA 2,4-D Choline Salt. Proposed Use on AAD 1 Corn / DHT Field Corn Containing DAS-40278-9. 2011
- Toggle 1 EPA West Virginia- Redesignation of the West Virginia Portion of the Parkersburg-Marietta OH-WV Area for the 1997 PM2.5 NAAQS 2012
- Toggle 1 EPA Maryland- Revisions to Regulations Controlling Emissions from Sintering Plants at Steel Mills 2012
- Toggle 1 MCC Quarterly Reports: January 1, 2011 - March 31, 2011 2011