Sempra Energy (NYSE: SRE) is a Fortune 500 energy services holding company based in San Diego, California. It divides its interests into two broad categories: Sempra Utilities, including Pacific Enterprises/Southern California Gas Company and San Diego Gas & Electric; and Sempra Global, a holding company for businesses not subject to California utilities regulation, chiefly Sempra Commodities, Sempra Generation, Sempra Pipelines & Storage, and Sempra LNG.
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's December 31, 2012 filing.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Standardized Donation Informationcovers roughly through Q3 2013. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Sempra Energy
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Sempra Energy $2,690,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Energy & Nuclear Power,
- Environment & Superfund,
- Clean Air & Water,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Fuel, Gas & Oil,
- Homeland Security,
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title S.559 Securing America's Future with Energy and Sustainable Technologies Act H.R.1 Full-Year Continuing Appropriations Act, 2011 H.R.910 Energy Tax Prevention Act of 2011 H.R.1380 New Alternative Transportation to Give Americans Solutions Act of 2011 S.1001 Alternative Fuel Vehicles Competitiveness and Energy Security Act of 2011 H.R.2354 Energy and Water Development and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2012 H.R.66 Waste-to-Energy Technology Act of 2011 S.482 Energy Tax Prevention Act of 2011 H.R.253 Clean Vehicles for Cleaner Air Act of 2011 S.298 Charging America Forward Act
RegulationsMentioned in 56 dockets; Submitted to 2 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Sempra Energy" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Sempra Energy
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Sempra Energy
- Toggle 4 EPA Approval and Promulgation of Implementation Plans; State of Montana; State Implementation Plan and Regional Haze Federal Implementation Plan 2011
- Toggle 4 DOE This docket contains Federal Register Notices from the DOE FDMS Sandbox. 2011
- Toggle 3 EPA Approval and Promulgation of Implementation Plans; Arizona; Regional Haze State Implementation Plan: FIP 2012
- Toggle 3 EPA Proposed Approval South Coast Rule 317 submitted April 22 2011 2011
- Toggle 3 EPA Approval and Promulgation of Implementation Plans; California; 2007 South Coast State Implementation Plan for 1997 8-hour Ozone Standard and 2007 State Strategy 2011
- Toggle 2 DOT Special Rules for Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport (beyond-perimeter exemptions, i.e., service to another airport more than 1,250 miles away from Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport) 2012
- Toggle 2 EPA Initial Prevention of Significant Deterioration Permit for the Palmdale Hybrid Power Project 2011
- Toggle 2 DOE This docket contains Federal Register Notices from the DOE FDMS Sandbox. 2012
- Toggle 2 EPA Greenhouse Gas New Source Performance Standard for Electric Generating Units 2011
- Toggle 2 EPA Finding of Substantial Inadequacy of Implementation Plan; Call for California State Implementation Plan Revision; South Coast 2012
Advisory Committees1 person on 1 committee
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "Sempra Energy" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Environmental Protection Agency 1 person on 1 committee