Sears Holdings Corp
Sears, officially named Sears, Roebuck and Co., is an American chain of department stores which was founded by Richard Warren Sears and Alvah Curtis Roebuck in the late 19th century. Formerly a component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, Sears merged with Kmart in early 2005, creating the Sears Holdings Corporation.
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's December 31, 2012 filing.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Standardized Donation Informationcovers roughly through Q4 2012. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Sears Holdings Corp
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Sears Holdings Corp $1,500,236
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.2701 Main Street Fairness Act H.R.3179 Marketplace Equity Act of 2011 S.1452 Main Street Fairness Act S.1832 Marketplace Fairness Act H.R.1081 Consumers Payment System Protection Act S.493 SBIR/STTR Reauthorization Act of 2011 S.575 Debit Interchange Fee Study Act of 2011
RegulationsMentioned in 11 dockets; Submitted to 1 docket
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Sears Holdings Corp" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Sears Holdings Corp
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Sears Holdings Corp
- Toggle 1 FTC Granting of Early Termination of Waiting Period under Premerger Notification Rules 2012
- Toggle 1 FDA Assertion of Right of the United States to Use, or Authorize the Use of the Production Processes of Reference Monoclonal Antibody Products Approved under the Public Health Service Act 2012
- Toggle 1 EPA Revision to the Export Provisions of the Cathode Ray Tube (CRT) Rule 2011
- Toggle 1 DOT Special Rules for Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport (beyond-perimeter exemptions, i.e., service to another airport more than 1,250 miles away from Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport) 2012
- Toggle 1 EPA Approval and Promulgation of Implementation Plans; Arizona; Regional Haze State Implementation Plan: FIP 2012
- Toggle 1 CPSC Table Saw Blade Contact Injuries: Request for Comments and Information 2011
- Toggle 1 EPA Approval of State Implementation Plan Revision; New Hampshire; Inspection and Maintenance (I/M) Program. 2012
- Toggle 1 NLRB Proposed rule amending representation-case procedures 2011
- Toggle 1 OMB Development of the Joint Strategic Plan on Intellectual Property Enforcement 2012
- Toggle 1 FTC Early Termination of Waiting Periods under Premerger Notification Rules 2012