Sears Holdings Corp
Sears, officially named Sears, Roebuck and Co., is an American chain of department stores which was founded by Richard Warren Sears and Alvah Curtis Roebuck in the late 19th century. Formerly a component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, Sears merged with Kmart in early 2005, creating the Sears Holdings Corporation.
Campaign Finance$2,471,876 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Sears Holdings Corp
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Sears Holdings Corp $4,342,847 Sears, Roebuck & Co $345,375
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Labor, Antitrust & Workplace,
- Consumer Product Safety,
- Copyright, Patent & Trademark,
- Environment & Superfund,
- Civil Rights & Civil Liberties,
- Law Enforcement & Crime
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.2989 401(k) Fair Disclosure and Pension Security Act of 2009 H.R.2695 Credit Card Fair Fee Act of 2009 S.1212 Credit Card Fair Fee Act of 2009 H.R.3936 Preserve Benefits and Jobs Act of 2009 H.R.233 National Computer Recycling Act H.R.800 Employee Free Choice Act of 2007 H.R.4213 Tax Extenders Act of 2009 S.495 Personal Data Privacy and Security Act of 2007 S.1041 Employee Free Choice Act of 2007 H.R.2701 Main Street Fairness Act
RegulationsMentioned in 56 dockets; Submitted to 1 docket
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Sears Holdings Corp" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Sears Holdings Corp
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Sears Holdings Corp
- Toggle 13 EERE Energy Efficiency Program: Energy Conservation Standards Furnace Fans 2010
- Toggle 3 IRS Consolidated Returns; Intercompany Obligations 2008
- Toggle 2 Wells Fargo Bank, N.A. [Application No. D–11640] 2013
- Toggle 2 FAA In the Matter of Brendan Airways LLC - Complaint - CP04EA170019 2005
- Toggle 2 Sears Holdings Savings Plan (the Savings Plan), Sears Holdings Puerto Rico Savings Plan (the PR Plan), and The Lands’ End, Inc. Retirement Plan (the Lands’ End Plan) (Collectively, the Plans) [Application Nos. D–11739, D–11740, D–11741] 2013
- Toggle 2 EERE Energy Efficiency Program for Consumer Products: Framework Document for Residential Central Air Conditioners and Heat Pumps (Cross Reference Res Furn and Res CAC, EERE-2011-BT-STD-0011) 2008
- Toggle 2 NLRB Recently Posted NLRB Rules and Notices. Unknown
- Toggle 1 FTC Granting of Early Termination of Waiting Period under Premerger Notification Rules 2012
- Toggle 1 OCC Risk-Based Capital Guidelines: Market Risk 2010
- Toggle 1 USCBP Standards for Tariff Classification on Unisex Footwear 2006
EPA Violations8 Enforcement Actions
Figures are based on data from the Environmental Protection Agency’s ECHO website. The ECHO database contains federal and state environmental enforcement actions. Data displayed here includes only those actions that began after 2000 and resulted in fines of over $1 million.
Actions where the company was the sole defendant are listed first. Actions where the company is one of multiple defendants are listed subsequently.
For more information see our EPA methodology page.
|Exxon Mobil Corporation (Beede Waste Oil Superfund Site)||Sears, Roebuck & Co (+94 others)||2008||Plaistow, Nh||$30,607,481|
|Lenz Oil Service, Inc. Consent Decree (Cercla)||Sears, Roebuck And Company (+63 others)||2002||Lemont, Il||$12,500,000|
|Casmalia - De Minimis Aoc||KMart Corporation (+191 others)||2004||Casmalia, Ca||$11,900,000|
|West Site/Hows Corner Superfund Site||Sears Roebuck & Co (+81 others)||2010||Plymouth, Me||$11,200,000|
|Green River Disposal, Inc. Superfund Site||Sears Roebuck (+30 others)||2008||Maceo, Ky||$3,520,000|
|Hows Corner/West Site||Sears Roebuck & Co (+83 others)||2004||Plymouth, Me||$2,000,000|
|Sutton Brook Disposal Area Superfund Site||Sears Roebuck & Co (+24 others)||2004||Tewksbury, Ma||$2,000,000|
|Davis Refining Site (Referral)||Kmart Corporation (+221 others)||2007||Tallahassee, Fl||$1,704,680|