SCANA Corporation is a $9 billion Fortune 500 energy-based holding company, based in Cayce, South Carolina, whose businesses include regulated electric and natural gas utility operations and other energy-related businesses. SCANA's subsidiaries serve approximately 610,000 electric customers in South Carolina and more than one million natural gas customers in South Carolina, North Carolina and Georgia. The corporate name SCANA is not an acronym, but is taken from the letters in South Carolina.
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's December 31, 2012 filing.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Standardized Donation Informationcovers roughly through Q4 2012. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Scana Corp
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Scana Corp $1,910,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Energy & Nuclear Power,
- Environment & Superfund,
- Labor, Antitrust & Workplace
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title S.400 A bill to amend the Federal Power Act to ensure that rates and charges for electric energy are assessed in proportion to measurable reliability or economic benefit, and for other purposes. H.R.2273 Coal Residuals Reuse and Management Act S.49 Railroad Antitrust Enforcement Act of 2011 S.2 Middle Class Success Act S.1751 Coal Residuals Reuse and Management Act S.1833 Fair Compliance Act of 2011 H.R.1391 RCCRA Act of 2011 H.R.2584 Department of the Interior, Environment, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2012 S.J.RES.37 A joint resolution to disapprove a rule promulgated by the Administrator of the Environmental Protection Agency relating to emission standards for certain steam generating units. H.R.3409 Coal Miner Employment and Domestic Energy Infrastructure Protection Act
RegulationsMentioned in 15 dockets; Submitted to 1 docket
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Scana Corp" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Scana Corp
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Scana Corp
- Toggle 2 PHMSA Notice of Information Collection Activities 2012
- Toggle 2 Hazardous and Solid Waste Management System: Identification and Listing of Special Wastes; Disposal of Coal Combustion Residuals From Electric Utilities: Notice of Data Availability and Request for Comment. 2012
- Toggle 2 EPA Hazardous and Solid Waste Management System: Identification and Listing of Special Wastes; Disposal of Coal Combustion Residuals From Electric Utilities: Notice of Data Availability 2011
- Toggle 2 EPA Technical Revisions for Subparts I and W of the Greenhouse Gas Reporting Rule 2011
- Toggle 1 EPA Greenhouse Gas New Source Performance Standard for Electric Generating Units 2011
- Toggle 1 FERC Combined Filings 2012
- Toggle 1 NRC Proposed Generic Communication - Draft Generic Letter on Seismic Risk Evaluations for Operating Reactors 2011
- Toggle 1 FERC Transmission Planning and Cost Allocation by Transmission Owning and Operating Public Utilities 2012
- Toggle 1 EPA Standards of Performance for Fossil-Fuel-Fired, Electric Utility, Industrial-Commercial-Institutional, and Small Industrial-Commercial-Institutional Steam Generating Unit 2011
- Toggle 1 FERC Transmission Planning and Cost Allocation by Transmission Owning and Operating Public Utilities 2011