Scan Health Plan
SCAN Health Plan (SCAN) is a not-for-profit health plan founded in 1977 and based in Long Beach, California. The organization serves more than 110,000 people with Medicare in Kern, Los Angeles, Orange, Riverside, San Bernardino San Diego and Ventura counties, California, and Maricopa county Arizona. The company also offers a health plan for Medicare and Medicaid-eligible individuals as part of the state’s long term care program in Maricopa county. In 2009, SCAN expanded to Santa Clara, Contra Costa and San Francisco counties in northern California. Also in 2009, SCAN acquired Medcore Health Plan in San Joaquin county, California and now serves more than 2,000 residents there.
Campaign Finance$5,650 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- PAC Color Block
- Organization's PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars
State vs. Federalin dollars
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Scan Health Plan
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Scan Health Plan $2,463,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Medicare & Medicaid,
- Health Issues,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.3630 Middle Class Tax Relief and Job Creation Act of 2011 H.R.4 Small Business Paperwork Mandate Elimination Act of 2011 H.R.8 Job Protection and Recession Prevention Act of 2012 H.R.3765 Temporary Payroll Tax Cut Continuation Act of 2011 H.CON.RES.34 Establishing the budget for the United States Government for fiscal year 2012 and setting forth appropriate budgetary levels for fiscal years 2013 through 2021. H.CON.RES.112 Establishing the budget for the United States Government for fiscal year 2013 and setting forth appropriate budgetary levels for fiscal years 2014 through 2022. S.2 Middle Class Success Act S.365 Budget Control Act of 2011
RegulationsMentioned in 8 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Scan Health Plan" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Scan Health Plan
- Toggle 2 HHS Health Information Technology; HIT Policy Committee: Request for Comment Regarding the Stage 3 Definition of Meaningful Use of Electronic Health Records (EHRs) 2012
- Toggle 1 HHS HIPAA Privacy Rule Accounting of Disclosures under the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health Act 2011
- Toggle 1 HHS Health Information Technology; Implementation Specifications, and Certification Criteria: Electronic Health Record Technology, 2014 Edition 2012
- Toggle 1 CMS Electronic Health Record Incentive Program – Stage 2 "Meaningful Use" 2012
- Toggle 1 CMS Medicare Program; Proposed Changes to the Medicare Advantage and the Medicare Prescription Drug Benefit Programs for Contract Year 2013 and Other Proposed Changes; Considering Changes to the Conditions of Participation for Long Term Care Facilities 2011
- Toggle 1 HHS Nationwide Health Information Network: Conditions for Trusted Exchange 2012
- Toggle 1 HHS Human Subjects Research Protections: Enhancing Protections for Research Subjects and Reducing Burden, Delay, and Ambiguity for Investigators 2011
- Toggle 1 CMS Medicare and Medicaid Programs; Opportunities for Alignment under Medicaid and Medicare (CMS-5507-NC) 2011