Save Darfur Coalition
The Save Darfur Coalition is an advocacy group calling for international intervention in the Darfur genocide in the Eastern African state of Sudan. Based in the United States, it is a coalition of more than 180 religious, political, and human rights organizations designed to campaign for a response to the atrocities of the War in Darfur, in the three Sudanese federal states that make up the region of Darfur. The result has become a global humanitarian crisis, with official estimates averaging around 299,000, as of early 2010, as a result of ethnic cleansing, disease and starvation.
Campaign Finance$2,400 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars
State vs. Federalin dollars
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Save Darfur Coalition
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Save Darfur Coalition $233,436
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Foreign Relations