Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's December 31, 2012 filing.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Standardized Donation Informationcovers roughly through Q4 2012. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Sanofi
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Sanofi-Aventis $7,900,000 Genzyme Corp $3,115,040
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Health Issues,
- Medicare & Medicaid,
- Copyright, Patent & Trademark,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Medical Research & Clin Labs,
- Economics & Econ Development,
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.RES.295 Promoting increased awareness, diagnosis, and treatment of atrial fibrillation to address the high morbidity and mortality rates and to prevent avoidable hospitalizations associated with this disease. H.R.942 American Research and Competitiveness Act of 2011 H.R.1249 America Invents Act S.23 Patent Reform Act of 2011 H.R.2245 Preserving Access to Life-Saving Medications Act of 2011 S.1884 School Access to Emergency Epinephrine Act S.296 Preserving Access to Life-Saving Medications Act S.1577 Greater Research Opportunities With Tax Help Act H.R.2608 Small Business Program Extension and Reform Act of 2011 H.R.3627 School Access to Emergency Epinephrine Act
RegulationsMentioned in 89 dockets; Submitted to 24 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Sanofi" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Sanofi
- Toggle 1 FDA Draft Guidance on Classifying Significant Postmarket Drug Safety Issues; Availability 2012
- Toggle 1 FDA Draft Guidance for Industry on Heparin for Drug and Medical Device Use; Monitoring Crude Heparin for Quality 2012
- Toggle 1 FDA Amendments to Sterility Test Requirements for Biological Products 2011
- Toggle 1 FDA Draft Guidance for Industry and FDA Staff: Applying Human Factors and Usability Engineering to Optimize Medical Device Design; Availability 2011
- Toggle 1 FDA Draft Documents to Support Submission of an Electronic Common Technical Document; Availability 2011
- Toggle 1 FDA Draft Guidances Relating to the Development of Biosimilar Products; Public Hearing; Request for Comments 2011
- Toggle 1 FDA Draft Guidance for Industry on Safety Labeling Changes; Implementation of the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act; Availability 2011
- Toggle 1 FDA International Conference on Harmonisation; Draft Guidance for Industry on E2C(R2) Periodic Benefit-Risk Evaluation Report; Availability 2012
- Toggle 1 FDA Draft Guidance for Industry on Responding to Unsolicited Requests for Off-Label Information About Prescription Drugs and Medical Devices; Availability 2011
- Toggle 1 FDA International Conference on Harmonisation; Draft Guidance on Q11 Development and Manufacture of Drug Substances; Availability 2011
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Sanofi
- Toggle 4 CMS Medicare Program; Payment Policies Under the Physician Fee Schedule and Other Revisions to Part B for CY 2012 2011
- Toggle 3 CMS Medicare Program; Revisions to Payment Policies Under the Physician Fee Schedule, DME Face-to-Face Encounters, Elimination of the Requirement for Termination of Non-Random Prepayment Complex Medical Review and Other Revisions to Part B for CY 2013 (CMS-1590-P) 2012
- Toggle 3 FDA Patent Term Extension Application for FIRAZYR® (icatibant acetate) U.S. Patent No. 5,648,333 2012
- Toggle 3 CMS Exchanges Part II--Standards Related to Essential Health Benefits; Health Insurance Issuer and Exchange Responsibilities with Respect to Actuarial Value, Quality, and Accreditation CMS-9980-P 2012
- Toggle 2 CMS Medicare Program; End-Stage Renal Disease Prospective Payment System, Quality Incentive Program, and Bad Debt Reductions for all Medicare Providers 2012
- Toggle 2 EBSA PTE 2012-0008 Genzyme Corporation 401(k) Plan (the Plan or the Applicant) [Application No. D–11669] 2012
- Toggle 2 USTR 2013 Special 301 Review 2012
- Toggle 2 HHS Health Information Technology; HIT Policy Committee: Request for Comment Regarding the Stage 3 Definition of Meaningful Use of Electronic Health Records (EHRs) 2012
- Toggle 2 CMS Electronic Health Record Incentive Program – Stage 2 "Meaningful Use" 2012
- Toggle 2 FDA Formally Determine That Teva Pharmaceuticals has Forfeited Its 180-day Marketing Exclusivity Period for Generic Versions of Avapro® Brand Irbesartan Tablets, 75 mg, 150 mg, and 300 mg - CLOSED 2012