Sanofi-Aventis, headquartered in Paris, France, is a multinational pharmaceutical company, the world's fourth-largest by prescription sales. Sanofi-Aventis engages in the research and development, manufacturing and marketing of pharmaceutical products for sale principally in the prescription market, but the firm also develops over-the-counter medication. Sanofi-Aventis covers 7 major therapeutic areas: cardiovascular, central nervous system, diabetes, internal medicine, oncology, thrombosis and vaccines (it is the world's largest producer of the latter through its subsidiary Sanofi Pasteur). The company is a full member of the European Federation of Pharmaceutical Industries and Associations (EFPIA).
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's December 31, 2012 filing.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Standardized Donation Informationcovers roughly through Q4 2012. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Sanofi-Aventis
RegulationsMentioned in 78 dockets; Submitted to 5 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Sanofi-Aventis" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Sanofi-Aventis
- Toggle 1 FDA Medical Device Innovation Initiative; Availability for Comment 2011
- Toggle 1 FDA Draft Guidance for Industry and FDA Staff on Best Practices for Conducting and Reporting Pharmacoepidemiologic Safety Studies Using Electronic Healthcare Data Sets; Availability 2011
- Toggle 1 FDA Draft Guidance for Industry and FDA Staff: Applying Human Factors and Usability Engineering to Optimize Medical Device Design; Availability 2011
- Toggle 1 FDA Draft Guidance for Industry on Clinical Trial Endpoints for the Approval of Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer Drugs and Biologics; Availability 2011
- Toggle 1 FDA Draft Guidance for Industry on Clinical Pharmacogenomics: Premarketing Evaluation in Early Phase Clinical Studies; Availability 2011
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Sanofi-Aventis
- Toggle 5 CMS Medicare Program; Payment Policies Under the Physician Fee Schedule and Other Revisions to Part B for CY 2012 2011
- Toggle 4 FDA Designate Sanofi-Aventis Drug Product, CLAFORAN® (Cefotazime for Injection) 1g and 2g in ADD-Vantage® Vial for Purposes of Submitting an Abbreviated New Drug Application (ANDA) - CLOSED 2011
- Toggle 3 FDA Determine Whether Avalide (Irbesartan and Hydrochrothiazide) Tablets 300 and 25 mg has Been Voluntarily Withdrawn From Sale for Safety or Efficacy Reasons - CLOSE 2011
- Toggle 3 FDA Determine Whether Avalide® (Irbesartan- Hydrochlorothiazide) Tables 300 mg/25 mg Was Voluntarily Withdrawn, Discontinued or Whithheld From Sale for Safety or Efficacy Reasons - CLOSED 2011
- Toggle 3 EPA None Unknown
- Toggle 3 HHS Human Subjects Research Protections: Enhancing Protections for Research Subjects and Reducing Burden, Delay, and Ambiguity for Investigators 2011
- Toggle 2 FDA ANDA Suitablity Petition for Docetaxel Injection, 20mg/8mL 2012
- Toggle 2 USTR 2013 Special 301 Review 2012
- Toggle 2 FDA To Determine Whether Talwin® Compound (Aspirin and Pentazocine Hydrochloride) Tablets, 325 mg/12.5 mg has Been Voluntarily Withdrawn or Withheld From Sale for Safety or Efficacy Reasons -CLOSED 2011
- Toggle 2 FDA Take the Actions Described (1) Refuse to Approve any ANDA Referencing Lyrica That Contains an Isomeric Impurity Specification That Includes a “Not Less Than” Minimum Level or Otherwise Requires the Generic Product Covered by the ANDA to Contain an Isomeric Impurity.... 2012
Contractor Misconduct3 Instances
This information is collected by the Project On Government Oversight from press releases, court documents, news reports and other public records. It is not meant to be an exhaustive account of all instances of federal contractor misconduct.
More information on each instance, including primary source documents, is available on POGO's site by clicking on the instance description. More information on POGO's methodology is available here.
|Misconduct Type||Hired By||Incident||Year||Disposition||Penalty|
|Antitrust||None||Failure to Report Ambien Patent Agreements||2011||Investigative Finding||$0|
|Health||None||FDA Inspection of Bridgewater, NJ Facility||2011||Investigative Finding||$0|
|Health||None||FDA Inspection of Frankfurt, Germany Facility||2011||Investigative Finding||$0|