Sanofi-Aventis, headquartered in Paris, France, is a multinational pharmaceutical company, the world's fourth-largest by prescription sales. Sanofi-Aventis engages in the research and development, manufacturing and marketing of pharmaceutical products for sale principally in the prescription market, but the firm also develops over-the-counter medication. Sanofi-Aventis covers 7 major therapeutic areas: cardiovascular, central nervous system, diabetes, internal medicine, oncology, thrombosis and vaccines (it is the world's largest producer of the latter through its subsidiary Sanofi Pasteur). The company is a full member of the European Federation of Pharmaceutical Industries and Associations (EFPIA).
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's December 31, 2010 filing.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Standardized Donation Informationfederal data covers roughly through Q2 2014
state-level data is not available in bulk for 2014. for current state data, browse http://followthemoney.org/
- PAC Color Block
- Organization's PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- PAC Color Block
- Organization's PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Sanofi-Aventis
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Sanofi-Aventis $10,720,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Health Issues,
- Medicare & Medicaid,
- Copyright, Patent & Trademark,
- Medical Research & Clin Labs,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Law Enforcement & Crime,
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.3590 Service Members Home Ownership Tax Act of 2009 S.515 Patent Reform Act of 2009 S.369 Preserve Access to Affordable Generics Act H.R.1260 Patent Reform Act of 2009 H.R.422 (Unknown) H.R.1706 Protecting Consumer Access to Generic Drugs Act of 2009 H.R.3200 America's Affordable Health Choices Act of 2009 S.1203 Grow Research Opportunities With Taxcredits' Help Act S.1679 Affordable Health Choices Act H.R.3962 Affordable Health Care for America Act
RegulationsMentioned in 119 dockets; Submitted to 41 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Sanofi-Aventis" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Sanofi-Aventis
- Toggle 2 FDA Patent Term Extension Application for MULTAQ® (dronedarone hydrochloride), New Drug Application (NDA) No. 22-245, U.S. Patent No. 5,223,510 2010
- Toggle 1 FDA Patent Term Extension Application for FANAPT™ (iloperidone), U.S. Patent No. RE39,198 2009
- Toggle 1 FDA Draft Guidance for Industry on Non-Inferiority Clinical Trials; Availability 2010
- Toggle 1 FDA Draft Guidance for Industry on Microbiology Data for Systemic Antibacterial Drug Products — Development, Analysis, and Presentation; Availability 2009
- Toggle 1 FDA Center for Drug Evaluation and Research Data Standards Plan; Availability for Comment. 2010
- Toggle 1 FDA ANDA Suitability Petition for a Diferent Initial Dosage form and Additional Strength of Docetaxel Injection Concentrate, Intravenous Infusion 2010
- Toggle 1 FDA International Conference on Harmonisation; Draft Guidance on Q4B Evaluation and Recommendation of Pharmacopoeial Texts for Use in the ICH Regions; Annex 9: Tablet Friability General Chapter 2009
- Toggle 1 FDA International Conference on Harmonisation; Draft Guidance on Addendum to ICH S6; Preclinical Safety Evaluation of Biotechnology-Derived Pharmaceuticals S6(R1); Availability 2009
- Toggle 1 FDA International Conference on Harmonisation; Draft Guidance on Q4B Evaluation and Recommendation of Pharmacopoeial Texts for Use in the International Conference on Harmonisation Regions; Annex 12 on Analytical Sieving General Chapter; Availability 2009
- Toggle 1 HHS Request for Information on Development of an Inventory of Comparative Effectiveness Research 2010
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Sanofi-Aventis
- Toggle 8 FDA Patent Term Extension Application for MULTAQ® (dronedarone hydrochloride), New Drug Application (NDA) No. 22-245, U.S. Patent No. 5,223,510 2010
- Toggle 8 CMS Medicare Program; Accountable Care Organizations and the Medicare Shared Saving Program 2010
- Toggle 8 FDA Promotion of FDA-Regulated Medical Products Using the Internet and Social Media Tools; Notice of Public Hearing 2009
- Toggle 6 FDA Patent Term Extension Application for MULTAQ® (dronedarone hydrochloride), U.S. Patent No. 7,323,493 2010
- Toggle 6 FDA Patent Term Extension Application for FANAPT™ (iloperidone), U.S. Patent No. RE39,198 2009
- Toggle 5 FDA ANDA Suitability Petition for a Diferent Initial Dosage form and Additional Strength of Docetaxel Injection Concentrate, Intravenous Infusion 2010
- Toggle 4 USTR 2010 Special 301 2010
- Toggle 3 FDA Patent Term Extension Application for JEVTANA® (cabazitaxel), U.S. Patent No. 5,847,170 2010
- Toggle 3 FDA Patent Term Extension Application for JEVTANA® (cabazitaxel), U.S. Patent No. 6,331,635 2010
- Toggle 3 CMS Medicare Program; Payment Policies Under the Physician Fee Schedule and Other Revisions to Part B for CY 2011 2010
Contractor Misconduct1 Instances
This information is collected by the Project On Government Oversight from press releases, court documents, news reports and other public records. It is not meant to be an exhaustive account of all instances of federal contractor misconduct.
More information on each instance, including primary source documents, is available on POGO's site by clicking on the instance description. More information on POGO's methodology is available here.
|Misconduct Type||Hired By||Incident||Year||Disposition||Penalty|
|Government Contract Fraud||None||Misreporting Prices for Nasal Sprays||2009||Settlement||$95,500,000|
Advisory Committees1 person on 1 committee
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "Sanofi-Aventis" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Department of Veterans Affairs 1 person on 1 committee