Salt River Project
The Salt River Project (SRP) is the umbrella name for two separate entities: the Salt River Project Agricultural Improvement and Power District, an agency of the state of Arizona that serves as an electrical utility for the Phoenix metropolitan area, and the Salt River Valley Water Users' Association, a utility cooperative that serves as the primary water provider for much of central Arizona. It is one of the primary public utility companies in Arizona.
Campaign Finance$665,128 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Salt River Project
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Salt River Project $9,010,000 Salt River Valley Water User's Assn $680,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Energy & Nuclear Power,
- Clean Air & Water,
- Natural Resources,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Environment & Superfund,
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.890 American Renewable Energy Act H.R.1065 White Mountain Apache Tribe Water Rights Quantification Act of 2009 H.R.1853 S.313 White Mountain Apache Tribe Water Rights Quantification Act of 2009 S.531 Energy and Water Integration Act of 2009 S.539 Clean Renewable Energy and Economic Development Act S.774 National Energy Security Act of 2009 S.787 Clean Water Restoration Act H.R.233 Railroad Antitrust Enforcement Act of 2009 H.R.1689 Carbon Capture and Storage Early Deployment Act
RegulationsMentioned in 335 dockets; Submitted to 17 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Salt River Project" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Salt River Project
- Toggle 2 OSHA ERGONOMICS PROGRAM 2006
- Toggle 2 FWS Revised critical habitat for southwestern willow flycatcher 2011
- Toggle 1 FMCSA Hours of Service of Drivers 2004
- Toggle 1 IRS Determination of Governmental Plan Status 2011
- Toggle 1 FWS Authorizations under the Bald and Golden Eagle Protection Act for Take of Eagles 2008
- Toggle 1 Designation of Critical Habitat for Arizona Gartersnakes (Northern Mexican Gartersnake and Narrowheaded Gartersnake) 2013
- Toggle 1 FWS Sonoran Desert Area Bald Eagle 2008
- Toggle 1 FMCSA Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations; Transportation of Hazardous Materials 1997
- Toggle 1 OSHA ELECTRIC POWER GENERATION TRANSMISSION AND DISTRIBUTION 2006
- Toggle 1 PHMSA U.S. DOT/RSPA - Notice of Proposed Rulemaking 2002
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Salt River Project
- Toggle 56 EPA Assessment of Anticipated Visibility Improvements at Surrounding Class I Areas and Cost Effectiveness of Best Available Retrofit Technology for Four Corners Power Plant and Navajo Generating Station 2009
- Toggle 48 EPA Approval of Air Quality Implementation Plans; Navajo Nation; Regional Haze Requirements for Navajo Generating Station 2013
- Toggle 41 EPA Rulemaking for the Steam Electric Power Generating Effluent Limitations Guidelines 2009
- Toggle 39 EPA National Emission Standards for Hazardous Air Pollutants for Coal- and Oil-fired Electric Utility Steam Generating Units 2009
- Toggle 39 EPA Approval and Promulgation of Implementation Plans; Arizona; Regional Haze State Implementation Plan: FIP 2012
- Toggle 32 EPA Clean Air Transport Rule 2009
- Toggle 29 EPA Approval and Promulgation of Implementation Plans; State of Colorado; Regional Haze State Implementation Plan 2011
- Toggle 25 EPA Source Specific Federal Implementation Plan for Implementing Best Available Retrofit Technology for Four Corners Power Plant: Navajo Nation 2010
- Toggle 23 EERE Energy Conservation Standards for Distribution Transformers 2010
- Toggle 20 EPA Greenhouse Gas New Source Performance Standard for Electric Generating Units 2011
EPA Violations1 Enforcement Actions
Figures are based on data from the Environmental Protection Agency’s ECHO website. The ECHO database contains federal and state environmental enforcement actions. Data displayed here includes only those actions that began after 2000 and resulted in fines of over $1 million.
Actions where the company was the sole defendant are listed first. Actions where the company is one of multiple defendants are listed subsequently.
For more information see our EPA methodology page.
|Salt River Project - Coronado||Salt River Project - Coronado||2008||Saint Johns, Az||$435,350,000|
Advisory Committees5 people on 4 committees
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "Salt River Project" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Department of Energy 2 people on 2 committees
- Toggle Environmental Protection Agency 2 people on 1 committee
- Toggle Department of Homeland Security 1 person on 1 committee