Saint-Gobain SA (Euronext: SGO) is a French multinational corporation, founded in 1665 in Paris and headquartered on the outskirts of Paris at La Défense and in Courbevoie. Originally a mirror manufacturer, it now also produces a variety of construction and high-performance materials.
Campaign Finance$43,587 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Saint-Gobain Corp
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Saint-Gobain Corp $80,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Energy & Nuclear Power,
- Homeland Security,
- Environment & Superfund
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.1585 National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2008 H.R.2638 Border Infrastructure and Technology Modernizat H.R.3222 Department of Defense Appropriations Act, 2008 H.R.5658 National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2009 S.1462 American Clean Energy Leadership Act of 2009 S.1547 National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2008 S.3001 National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2009 S.3635 Energy and Water Development and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2011 S.3793 Trade Adjustment Assistance Extension Act of 2010 S.3816 Creating American Jobs and Ending Offshoring Act
RegulationsMentioned in 16 dockets; Submitted to 1 docket
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Saint-Gobain Corp" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Saint-Gobain Corp
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Saint-Gobain Corp
- Toggle 7 EPA Wool Fiberglass Manufacturing NESHAP Risk and Technology Review 2010
- Toggle 5 EPA National Emission Standards for Hazardous Air Pollutants for Polyvinyl Chloride and Copolymers Production 2002
- Toggle 4 EPA Mineral Wool Production NESHAP Risk and Technology Review 2010
- Toggle 3 BIS Proposed Revisions to the Export Administration Regulations: Implementation of Export Control Reform; Revisions to License Exceptions after Retrospective Regulatory Review 2012
- Toggle 2 EPA HAZARDOUS AND SOLID WASTE MANAGEMENT SYSTEM; IDENTIFICATION AND LISTING OF SPECIAL WASTES; DISPOSAL OF COAL COMBUSTION RESIDUALS FROM ELECTRIC UTILITIES 2009
- Toggle 2 EPA Effluent Guidelines Program Plan for 2004/2005. 2003
- Toggle 2 EPA Interim Approach to Applying the Audit Policy to New Owners 2007
- Toggle 1 HAZARDOUS WASTE MANAGEMENT SYSTEM; DISPOSAL OF COAL COMBUSTION RESIDUALS FROM ELECTRIC UTILITIES: SUPPLEMENTAL PROPOSAL 2013
- Toggle 1 FTC Guides for Use of Environmental Marketing Claims: Proposed Revisions to Guidelines 2010
- Toggle 1 EPA North Dakota Regional Haze State Implementation Plan 2010
EPA Violations5 Enforcement Actions
Figures are based on data from the Environmental Protection Agency’s ECHO website. The ECHO database contains federal and state environmental enforcement actions. Data displayed here includes only those actions that began after 2000 and resulted in fines of over $1 million.
Actions where the company was the sole defendant are listed first. Actions where the company is one of multiple defendants are listed subsequently.
For more information see our EPA methodology page.
|Saint Gobain Containers (4) (National Case)||Saint Gobain Containers||2010||Burlington, Wi; Dolton, ...||$48,486,667|
|Saint-Gobain Containers, Inc. (National Case)||Saint-Gobain Containers, Inc.||2010||Sapulpa, Ok; Simsboro, ...||$21,380,000|
|Saint Gobain Containers (Nc)||Saint Gobain Containers||2010||Milford, Ma||$13,456,666|
|Saint Gobain Containers, Inc (Nc) (Lead)||Saint Gobain Containers Inc||2010||Seattle, Wa||$9,336,666|
|Pcb Treatment, Inc.||Saint-Gorbain Corp (+381 others)||2004||Kansas City, Ks; ...||$1,916,377|