Safari Club International
Safari Club International is an international organization composed of hunters. SCI has more than 50,000 members and 180 local chapters.
Campaign Finance$3,161,800 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Safari Club International
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Safari Club International $1,140,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Natural Resources,
- Firearms, Guns & Ammunition,
- Environment & Superfund,
- Law Enforcement & Crime,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Fuel, Gas & Oil
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.39 Polar Bear Delisting Act H.R.50 Multinational Species Conservation Funds Reauthorization Act of 2011 H.R.509 To amend the Endangered Species Act of 1973 to provide that Act shall not apply to the gray wolf (canis lupus). H.R.510 Idaho and Montana Wolf Management Act of 2011 H.R.615 Collectible Firearms Protection Act H.R.990 To amend the Marine Mammal Protection Act of 1972 to allow the importation of polar bear trophies taken in sport hunts in Canada. H.R.991 Polar Bear Conservation and Fairness Act of 2011 S.249 A bill to amend the Endangered Species Act of 1973 to provide that Act shall not apply to any gray wolf (Canis lupus). S.339 Rural Heritage Conservation Extension Act of 2011 S.381 Collectible Firearms Protection Act
RegulationsMentioned in 49 dockets; Submitted to 30 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Safari Club International" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Safari Club International
- Toggle 3 FWS Request for Information and Recommendations on Resolutions, Decisions, and Agenda Items for Consideration at the Sixteenth Regular Meeting of the Conference of the Parties to the Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora 2011
- Toggle 2 FWS Greater Sage-Grouse 2008
- Toggle 2 FWS Petition to Reclassify the Straight-Horned Markhor (Capra falconeri jerdoni) of Torghar Hills as Threatened 2011
- Toggle 2 FWS Petition to List the African Lion (Panthera leo leo) As Endangered 2012
- Toggle 2 FWS Lesser Prairie-Chicken, Proposed Threatened Status 2012
- Toggle 2 FWS Reclassification of the Wood Bison (Bison bison athabascae) 2008
- Toggle 2 FWS Revise the List of Endangered and Threatened Wildlife for the Gray Wolf ( Canis lupus ) in the Eastern United States 2011
- Toggle 2 FWS Removal of gray wolf in Wyoming from the list of Endangered and Threatened Species 2011
- Toggle 1 FWS 90-Day Finding on a Petition To List All Chimpanzees (Pan troglodytes) as Endagered 2010
- Toggle 1 2013-2014 Refuge-Specific Hunting and Sport Fishing Regulations 2013
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Safari Club International
- Toggle 14 FWS Petition to List the African Lion (Panthera leo leo) As Endangered 2012
- Toggle 6 FWS None Unknown
- Toggle 5 FWS Designating the Northern Rocky Mountain Population of Gray Wolf as a Distinct Population Segment and Removing This Distinct Population Segment From the Federal List of Endangered and Threatened Wildlife 2008
- Toggle 5 FWS Revise the List of Endangered and Threatened Wildlife for the Gray Wolf ( Canis lupus ) in the Eastern United States 2011
- Toggle 4 FWS Request for Information and Recommendations on Resolutions, Decisions, and Agenda Items for Consideration at the Sixteenth Regular Meeting of the Conference of the Parties to the Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora 2011
- Toggle 4 FWS Endangered Status for Gunnison Sage-grouse 2012
- Toggle 4 FWS Removal of gray wolf in Wyoming from the list of Endangered and Threatened Species 2011
- Toggle 4 FWS Gray Wolf in MN, WI, MI and the Western Great Lakes 2010
- Toggle 3 FWS Designation of Nonessential Experimental Population Status for Wood Bison in Interior Alaska 2012
- Toggle 3 FWS Removal of the Regulation that Excludes U.S. Captive-Bred Scimitar-Horned Oryx, Addax, and Dama Gazelle From Certain Prohibitions 2010
Advisory Committees1 person on 1 committee
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "Safari Club International" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Department of the Interior 1 person on 1 committee