Sacramento Municipal Utility District
The Sacramento Municipal Utility District (SMUD) provides electricity to Sacramento County, California, and a small portion of adjacent Placer County, established under the Municipal Utility District Act. It is one of the ten largest publicly owned utilities in the United States, generating the bulk of its power through natural gas (estimated 56% of production total in 2009) and large hydroelectric generation plants (22% in 2009), and SMUD's green power (renewable) energy output was estimated as 19% in 2009.
Campaign Finance$28,360 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Sacramento Municipal Utility District
Names of Lobbyists
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Energy & Nuclear Power
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.668 Secure High-voltage Infrastructure for Electricity from Lethal Damage Act H.R.1610 Business Risk Mitigation and Price Stabilization Act of 2011 H.R.2354 Energy and Water Development and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2012 H.R.2827 To amend the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 to clarify provisions relating to the regulation of municipal advisors, and for other purposes. H.R.3523 Cyber Intelligence Sharing and Protection Act of 2011 H.R.1837 San Joaquin Valley Water Reliability Act H.R.2095 Energy Conservation Through Trees Act H.R.5026 GRID Act S.1342 Grid Cyber Security Act S.2105 Cybersecurity Act of 2012
RegulationsMentioned in 25 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Sacramento Municipal Utility District" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Sacramento Municipal Utility District
- Toggle 15 EPA Greenhouse Gas New Source Performance Standard for Electric Generating Units 2011
- Toggle 3 DOE This docket contains Federal Register Notices from the DOE FDMS Sandbox. 2011
- Toggle 2 EERE Energy Conservation Program: Test Procedure and Energy Conservation Standard for Set-Top Boxes and Network Equipment 2011
- Toggle 1 EPA Approval and Promulgation of State Implementation Programs; State of Utah; Regional Haze Rule Requirements for 40 CFR 51.309 2011
- Toggle 1 FERC Transmission Planning and Cost Allocation by Transmission Owning and Operating Public Utilities 2011
- Toggle 1 FERC Revisions to Electric Quarterly Report Filing Process 2012
- Toggle 1 FTC Disclosures Regarding Energy Consumption and Water Use of Certain Home Appliances and Other Products, etc. 2011
- Toggle 1 EPA An Assessment of Potential Mining Impacts on Salmon Ecosystems of Bristol Bay, Alaska 2012
- Toggle 1 EERE Notice of Intent to Negotiate Proposed Rule on Energy Efficiency Standards for Distribution Transformers 2011
- Toggle 1 CFTC Proposal to Exempt Certain Transactions Involving Not-for-Profit Electric Utilities 2012
Federal Spending1 grant
Federal grants, contracts and loans are reported by federal agencies using the FPDS and FAADS systems. The data is made available to the public at USASpending.gov. Please note that the completeness and quality of the data varies greatly by agency.
Only grants, contracts and loans with amounts over $1 million are shown.
Because company names are not reported in a standardized manner, we cannot reliably determine the company receiving the contract or award. The results shown here are based on a search for the company name. Individual records may be missed or erroneously included because of name variations. For more information, please see our federal spending methodology page.
Note: Company names in federal spending data are not standardized. The table below is included only as a sample of what is available in the data and has not been reviewed for accuracy or completeness. To investigate the data further, use the links at the bottom of the table.
|Sacramento Municipal Utility District||2012||Energy, Department Of||IOWA HILL PUMPED-STORAGE PROJECT INVESTIGATIONS||$1,000,000|
Advisory Committees1 person on 1 committee
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "Sacramento Municipal Utility District" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Department of Agriculture 1 person on 1 committee