Ryder System, Inc. (NYSE: R), or Ryder, is an American-based provider of transportation and supply chain management solutions with global operations. Ryder specializes in fleet management, supply chain management and dedicated contracted carriage. Ryder operates in North America, the United Kingdom and Asia. It has its headquarters in suburban Miami, Florida within Miami-Dade County.
Campaign Finance$1,337,088 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Ryder System
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Ryder System $7,423,459
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Consumer Product Safety,
- Health Issues,
- Labor, Antitrust & Workplace,
- Trucking & Shipping,
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.1380 New Alternative Transportation to Give Americans Solutions Act of 2011 H.R.4213 Tax Extenders Act of 2009 H.R.2779 Defined Contribution Plan Fee Transparency Act of 2009 H.R.2989 401(k) Fair Disclosure and Pension Security Act of 2009 H.R.5297 Small Business Jobs and Credit Act of 2010 H.R.658 FAA Reauthorization and Reform Act of 2011 H.R.2024 Commercial Motor Vehicle Advanced Safety Technology Tax Act of 2009 S.223 FAA Air Transportation Modernization and Safety Improvement Act S.1582 Commercial Motor Vehicle Advanced Safety Technology Tax Act of 2009 H.R.1835 New Alternative Transportation to Give Americans Solutions Act of 2009
RegulationsMentioned in 33 dockets; Submitted to 4 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Ryder System" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Ryder System
- Toggle 1 OSHA ERGONOMICS PROGRAM 2006
- Toggle 1 FMCSA Hours of Service of Drivers 2004
- Toggle 1 FMCSA Notice of Proposed Rulemaking (NPRM) - Hours of Service of Drivers 1997
- Toggle 1 NHTSA Notice of Intent to Prepare an Environmental Impact Statement for New Medium and Heavy Duty Fuel Efficiency Improvement Program 2010
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Ryder System
- Toggle 6 FHWA Truck Length and Width Exclusive Devices 1997
- Toggle 4 FMCSA Notice of Proposed Rulemaking (NPRM) - Hours of Service of Drivers 1997
- Toggle 3 NHTSA Notice of Intent to Prepare an Environmental Impact Statement for New Medium and Heavy Duty Fuel Efficiency Improvement Program 2010
- Toggle 3 EPA Greenhouse Gas Emissions Standards and Fuel Efficiency Standards for Heavy-Duty Engines and Vehicles 2010
- Toggle 2 FMCSA Hours of Service of Drivers 2004
- Toggle 2 FHWA Notice - Safety Fitness Procedure; Safety Ratings 1997
- Toggle 2 NHTSA Insurer Reporting Requirements; Reports on Section 612 of the Motor Vehicle Theft Law Enforcement Act of 1984 1998
- Toggle 2 EPA On Board Vapor Recovery, Emission Regulations (Vehicles-Light Duty Trucks) 2004
- Toggle 1 DOT 1997 U.S.-Brazil Combination Service Proceeding 1996
- Toggle 1 FTC Granting of Request for Early Termination of the Waiting Period under the Premerger Notification Rules 2009
EPA Violations5 Enforcement Actions
Figures are based on data from the Environmental Protection Agency’s ECHO website. The ECHO database contains federal and state environmental enforcement actions. Data displayed here includes only those actions that began after 2000 and resulted in fines of over $1 million.
Actions where the company was the sole defendant are listed first. Actions where the company is one of multiple defendants are listed subsequently.
For more information see our EPA methodology page.
|Exxon Mobil Corporation (Beede Waste Oil Superfund Site)||Ryder Truck Rental Inc (+94 others)||2008||Plaistow, Nh||$30,607,481|
|West Site/Hows Corner Superfund Site||Ryder Truck Rental Inc (+81 others)||2010||Plymouth, Me||$11,200,000|
|Casmalia Resources - Tier Ii De Minimis Aoc||Ryder Truck Rental Inc. (+23 others)||2003||Casmalia, Ca||$8,168,000|
|Industrial Pollution Control (Ipc) (Cost Recovery Agmt)||Ryder Truck Rental, Inc. (Corporate Office) (+236 others)||2003||Jackson, Ms||$3,440,369|
|Hows Corner/West Site||Ryder Truck Rental Inc (+83 others)||2004||Plymouth, Me||$2,000,000|