Russell Investments is a subsidiary of Northwestern Mutual and is headquartered in Seattle, Washington, U.S.A. Its previous headquarters were located in Tacoma, Washington, south of Seattle. The firm is a Turnkey Asset Management Program (TAMP) and provides investment products and services to individuals and institutions in 47 countries. Founded in 1936, Russell focuses on a multi-manager investor approach and is the creator of Russell Indexes.
Campaign Finance$215,600 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Russell Investments
Names of Lobbyists
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
RegulationsMentioned in 6 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Russell Investments" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Russell Investments
- Toggle 2 FSOC Recommendation Regarding Money Market Mutual Fund Reform 2012
- Toggle 1 SEC Definitions: Swap Dealer, Security-Based Swap Dealer, Major Swap Participant, Major Security-Based Swap Participant and Eligible Contract Participant 2012
- Toggle 1 SEC Applications: Russell Investment Management Company, et al. 2011
- Toggle 1 CFTC Definitions: Swap Dealer, Security-Based Swap Dealer, Major Swap Participant, Major Security-Based Swap Participant and Eligible Contract Participant 2012
- Toggle 1 IRS Information Reporting by Foreign Financial Institutions and Withholding on Certain Payments, etc. 2012
- Toggle 1 SEC Self-Regulatory Organizations; Proposed Rule Changes: NASDAQ Stock Market LLC 2011