Rush University Medical Center
Rush University Medical Center is a 676-bed academic medical center that includes hospital facilities for adults and children. It also includes the Johnston R. Bowman Health Center (a 61-bed rehabilitation facility). It is affiliated with Rush University.
Campaign Finance$36,650 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Rush University Medical Center
Names of Lobbyists
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Health Issues
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title S.3607 Department of Homeland Security Appropriations Act, 2011 S.3636 Science Appropriations Act, 2011 S.3686 Department of Labor Appropriations Act, 2011 S.3800 Department of Defense Appropriations Act, 2011 H.R.4213 Tax Extenders Act of 2009 H.R.4851 Continuing Extension Act of 2010 H.R.3326 Department of Defense Appropriations Act, 2010 H.R.1105 Legislative Branch Appropriations Act, 2009 H.R.2638 Veterans Stamp to Honor American Veterans Act H.R.3082 Surface Transportation Extension Act of 2010, Part II
RegulationsMentioned in 28 dockets; Submitted to 4 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Rush University Medical Center" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Rush University Medical Center
- Toggle 1 FDA Required Warnings for Cigarette Packages & Advertisements 2010
- Toggle 1 DOJ Nondiscrimination on the Basis of Disability; Movie Captioning and Video Description 2010
- Toggle 1 FDA Revise Generally Recognized as Safe (GRAS) Affirmation Regulation for High Fructose Corn Syrup to Recognize "Corn Sugar" as an Alternate Common or Usual Name for High Fructose Corn Syrup-CLOSED 2010
- Toggle 1 DOJ Nondiscrimination on the Basis of Disability by State and Local Governments and Places of Public Accommodation; Equipment and Furniture 2010
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Rush University Medical Center
- Toggle 25 CMS Revisions to Payment Policies Under the Physician Fee Schedule, and Other Part B Payment Policies; Revisions to Payment Policies for Ambulance Services for CY 2008; and the Proposed Elimination of the E-Rx Exemption for Computer-Generated Faxes*** 2010
- Toggle 9 CMS Proposed Changes to the ASC Payment System and CY 2008 Payment Rates (PART OF CMS-1506-P) 2010
- Toggle 3 CMS Revisions to Payment Policies Under the Physician Fee Schedule for Calendar Year 2006 2010
- Toggle 3 CMS Quality Incentives in the End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD) Program 2010
- Toggle 2 DOJ Nondiscrimination on the Basis of Disability; Movie Captioning and Video Description 2010
- Toggle 2 DOJ Nondiscrimination on the Basis of Disability by State and Local Governments and Places of Public Accommodation; Equipment and Furniture 2010
- Toggle 2 CMS Announcement of an Application from a Hospital seeking to enter into an agreement with a different Organ Procurement Organization 2010
- Toggle 2 CMS Five Year Review of Work Relative Value Units Under the Physician Fee Schedule and Proposed Changes to the Practice Expense Methodology 2010
- Toggle 2 CMS Revisions to Payment Policies Under the Physician Fee Schedule for Calendar Year 2005 2010
- Toggle 2 CMS Medicare Program; Changes to the Hospital IPPS for Acute Care Hospitals and the LTCH PPS and Fiscal Year 2011 Rates; Effective Date of Provider Agreements and Supplier Approvals; and Hospital Conditions of Participation for Rehabilitation and Respiratory Care Services Medicaid Program: Accreditation Requirements for Providers of Inpatient Psychiatric Services for Individuals under Age 21 2010
Rush University Medical Center:
Center for Advanced Emergency Response
Federal Spending2 grants; 2 contracts
Federal grants, contracts and loans are reported by federal agencies using the FPDS and FAADS systems. The data is made available to the public at USASpending.gov. Please note that the completeness and quality of the data varies greatly by agency.
Only grants, contracts and loans with amounts over $1 million are shown.
Because company names are not reported in a standardized manner, we cannot reliably determine the company receiving the contract or award. The results shown here are based on a search for the company name. Individual records may be missed or erroneously included because of name variations. For more information, please see our federal spending methodology page.
Note: Company names in federal spending data are not standardized. The table below is included only as a sample of what is available in the data and has not been reviewed for accuracy or completeness. To investigate the data further, use the links at the bottom of the table.
|Rush University Medical Center||2010||Dept Of The Army||GEOGRAPHIC UTILIZATION OF ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE IN REAL-TIME FOR DISEASE IDENTIFICATION AND NOTIFICATION (GUARDIAN)||$3,648,993|
|Rush University Medical Center||2009||PART II ITLS||$2,398,701|
|Rush University Medical Center||2010||PART II ATT / ITLS TRAINING||$2,000,000|
|Rush University Medical Center||2009||Dept Of The Army||GEOGRAPHIC UTILIZATION OF ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE IN REAL-TIME FOR DISEASE IDENTIFICATION AND NOTIFICATION (GUARDIAN)||$1,324,000|
Advisory Committees4 people on 5 committees
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "Rush University Medical Center" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Department of Health and Human Services 2 people on 3 committees
- Toggle National Science Foundation 1 person on 1 committee
- Toggle Social Security Administration 1 person on 1 committee