NRG Energy, Inc. (NYSE: NRG) is an energy company headquartered in West Windsor Township, New Jersey, near Princeton.
Campaign Finance$2,260,286 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of RRI Energy
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Reliant Energy $8,212,500 Reliant Energy $8,212,500 RRI Energy $789,662
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Energy & Nuclear Power,
- Clean Air & Water,
- Hazardous & Solid Waste,
- Environment & Superfund,
- Homeland Security,
- Labor, Antitrust & Workplace,
- Natural Resources
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.2454 American Clean Energy And Security Act of 2009 H.R.2998 American Clean Energy and Security Act of 2009 S.1462 American Clean Energy Leadership Act of 2009 S.2729 Clean Energy Partnerships Act of 2009 S.1733 Green Taxis Act of 2009 H.R.977 Derivatives Markets Transparency and Accountability Act of 2009 H.R.890 American Renewable Energy Act H.R.1689 Carbon Capture and Storage Early Deployment Act S.5 Cleaner, Greener, and Smarter Act of 2009 H.R.1754 Financial System Stabilization and Reform Act of 2009
RegulationsMentioned in 511 dockets; Submitted to 8 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "RRI Energy" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for RRI Energy
- Toggle 1 OSHA VOLUNTARY PROTECTION PROGRAMS 2006
- Toggle 1 DOT 2007 U.S.-China Frequency Allocation Proceeding 2006
- Toggle 1 OSHA PROPOSED POLICY STATEMENT CONCERNING THE OCCUPATIONAL SAFETY AND HEALTH ADMINISTRATIONS USE OF VOLUNTARY EMPLOYER SAFETY AND HEALTH SELF AUDITS 2006
- Toggle 1 OSHA ERGONOMICS PROGRAM 2006
- Toggle 1 OSHA COST OF PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT 2006
- Toggle 1 DOT 2007, 2008, 2009 US-China Air Services and Combination Frequency Allocation Procedure 2007
- Toggle 1 DOT Continental Airlines, Inc. - Exemption/Frequency Allocation - Houston-Buenos Aires 2005
- Toggle 1 EPA Rulemaking for the Steam Electric Power Generating Effluent Limitations Guidelines 2009
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for RRI Energy
- Toggle 84 USCG Cabrillo Port Liquefied Natural Gas Deepwater Port License Application 2004
- Toggle 70 EPA Clean Air Transport Rule 2009
- Toggle 69 EPA Rulemaking for the Steam Electric Power Generating Effluent Limitations Guidelines 2009
- Toggle 43 EPA Rule to Reduce Interstate Transport of Fine Particulate Matter and Ozone ;Clean Air Interstate Rule, (CAIR) 2003
- Toggle 41 EPA HAZARDOUS AND SOLID WASTE MANAGEMENT SYSTEM; IDENTIFICATION AND LISTING OF SPECIAL WASTES; DISPOSAL OF COAL COMBUSTION RESIDUALS FROM ELECTRIC UTILITIES 2009
- Toggle 37 EPA National Emission Standards for Hazardous Air Pollutants for Utility Air Toxics; Clean Air Mercury Rule (CAMR) 2002
- Toggle 36 EPA National Emission Standards for Hazardous Air Pollutants for Coal- and Oil-fired Electric Utility Steam Generating Units 2009
- Toggle 28 EPA Criteria and Standards for Cooling Water Intake Structures 2008
- Toggle 26 USCG Clearwater Port LLC Natural Gas Deepwater Port License Application - Notice and Request for Comments 2007
- Toggle 23 EPA Preliminary 2008 Effluent Guidelines Program Plan 2006