Royal Caribbean Cruises
Royal Caribbean International is a Norwegian / American cruise line brand based in Miami, Florida and owned by Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd.. With 42 ships in service under 5 different brands and one more under construction, it controls a 25.6% share of the world cruise market . All ships since 1991 have names ending in "of the Seas."
Campaign Finance$1,095,009 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Royal Caribbean Cruises
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Royal Caribbean Cruises $6,841,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Marine, Boats & Fisheries,
- Clean Air & Water,
- Consumer Product Safety,
- Foreign Relations,
- Fuel, Gas & Oil,
- Environment & Superfund,
- Family, Abortion & Adoption
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title S.588 Cruise Vessel Security and Safety Act of 2009 H.R.1485 Cruise Vessel Security and Safety Act of 2009 S.1194 Coast Guard Authorization Act for Fiscal Years 2010 and 2011 H.R.3619 Coast Guard Authorization Act for Fiscal Years 2010 and 2011 H.R.6049 Energy and Tax Extenders Act of 2008 H.R.5503 Securing Protections for the Injured from Limitations on Liability Act S.3463 Survivors Equality Act of 2010 H.R.3360 Cruise Vessel Security and Safety Act of 2009 S.3204 Cruise Vessel Security and Safety Act of 2008 S.2010
RegulationsMentioned in 61 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Royal Caribbean Cruises" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Royal Caribbean Cruises
- Toggle 11 ATBCB None Unknown
- Toggle 4 EPA NPDES - Reissuance of the Vessel General Permit for Discharges Incidental to the Normal Operation of Vessels (VGP) 2011
- Toggle 3 EPA Proposed Regulation to Establish No Discharge Zone in California State Waters under CWA 312(f)(4)(A) 2010
- Toggle 3 NOAA Revisions to Channel Islands National Marine Sanctuary Regulations 2007
- Toggle 2 DOT Association of Retail Travel Agents - Emergency Petition for Rulemaking 1998
- Toggle 2 DOT Renaissance Cruises, Inc. - Exemption - Public Charter Regulations 1999
- Toggle 2 DOT America West Airlines, Inc. - Petition for Rulemaking - Amendment of Part 255 1997
- Toggle 2 EPA Draft Cruise Ship Discharge Assessment Report 2007
- Toggle 2 EPA NPDES - Small Vessel General Permit for Discharges Incidental to the Normal Operation of Small Vessels (sVGP) 2011
- Toggle 2 EERE Energy Efficiency Program for Consumer Products: Public Meeting and the Availability of the Framework Document for Fluorescent Lamp Ballasts 2007
EPA Violations2 Enforcement Actions
Figures are based on data from the Environmental Protection Agency’s ECHO website. The ECHO database contains federal and state environmental enforcement actions. Data displayed here includes only those actions that began after 2000 and resulted in fines of over $1 million.
Actions where the company was the sole defendant are listed first. Actions where the company is one of multiple defendants are listed subsequently.
For more information see our EPA methodology page.
|Florida Petroleum Reprocessors||Royal Carribean Cruise Lines (+583 others)||2004||Fort Lauderdale, Fl||$2,316,314|
|Denova Environmental||Royal Caribbean Cruises (+14 others)||2007||Rialto, Ca||$1,216,352|
Advisory Committees1 person on 1 committee
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "Royal Caribbean Cruises" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Department of Defense 1 person on 1 committee