Royal Bank of Scotland
The Royal Bank of Scotland plc (Scottish Gaelic: Banca Rìoghail na h-Alba ) is one of the retail banking subsidiaries of the Royal Bank of Scotland Group plc, and together with NatWest and Ulster Bank, provides branch banking facilities throughout the British Isles. Royal Bank of Scotland has around 700 branches, mainly in Scotland though there are branches in many larger towns and cities throughout England and Wales. The Royal Bank of Scotland and its parent, the Royal Bank of Scotland Group, are completely separate from the fellow Edinburgh based bank, the Bank of Scotland, which pre-dates the Royal Bank of Scotland by 32 years. The Bank of Scotland was effective in raising funds for the Jacobite Rebellion and as a result, The Royal Bank of Scotland was established to provide a bank with strong Hanoverian and Whig ties.
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's December 31, 2012 filing.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Standardized Donation Informationcovers roughly through Q4 2012. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Royal Bank of Scotland
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Citizens Financial Group $800,000 RBS Securities $610,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.3644 Private Mortgage Market Investment Act H.R.940 United States Covered Bond Act of 2011 H.R.1081 Consumers Payment System Protection Act H.R.3283 Swap Jurisdiction Certainty Act S.575 Debit Interchange Fee Study Act of 2011 H.R.1182 GSE Bailout Elimination and Taxpayer Protection Act H.R.2586 Swap Execution Facility Clarification Act S.2099 A bill to amend the Federal Deposit Insurance Act with respect to information provided to the Bureau of Consumer Financial Protection. S.3085 Responsible Homeowners Refinancing Act of 2012
RegulationsMentioned in 30 dockets; Submitted to 1 docket
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Royal Bank of Scotland" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Royal Bank of Scotland
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Royal Bank of Scotland
- Toggle 3 OCC Regulatory Capital Rules (Part III): Advanced Approaches Risk-based Capital Rules; Market Risk Capital Rule 2012
- Toggle 3 DOE This docket contains Federal Register Notices from the DOE FDMS Sandbox. 2011
- Toggle 3 OCC Regulatory Capital Rules (Part II): Standardized Approach for Risk-weighted Assets; Market Discipline and Disclosure Requirements 2012
- Toggle 3 OCC Regulatory Capital Rules (Part I): Regulatory Capital, Minimum Regulatory Capital Ratios, Capital Adequacy, Transition Provisions 2012
- Toggle 2 OCC Volcker Rule - Prohibition on Proprietary Trading and Certain Relationships with Hedge Funds and Private Equity Funds 2011
- Toggle 1 CFTC Swap Data Recordkeeping and Reporting Requirements: Pre-Enactment and Transition Swaps 2011
- Toggle 1 CFTC Procedures to Establish Appropriate Minimum Block Sizes for Large Notional Off-Facility Swaps and Block Trades 2012
- Toggle 1 BOEM Notice of Preparation of an Environmental Assessment (EA) for Cape Wind Associates, LLC (CWA) Construction and Operations Plan (COP) 2011
- Toggle 1 SEC Self-Regulatory Organizations; Proposed Rule Changes: NYSE Amex LLC 2011
- Toggle 1 CFPB Request for Information Regarding Credit Card Market 2012
Advisory Committees1 person on 1 committee
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "Royal Bank of Scotland" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Department of Homeland Security 1 person on 1 committee