Royal Bank of Scotland
The Royal Bank of Scotland plc (Scottish Gaelic: Banca Rìoghail na h-Alba ) is one of the retail banking subsidiaries of the Royal Bank of Scotland Group plc, and together with NatWest and Ulster Bank, provides branch banking facilities throughout the British Isles. Royal Bank of Scotland has around 700 branches, mainly in Scotland though there are branches in many larger towns and cities throughout England and Wales. The Royal Bank of Scotland and its parent, the Royal Bank of Scotland Group, are completely separate from the fellow Edinburgh based bank, the Bank of Scotland, which pre-dates the Royal Bank of Scotland by 32 years. The Bank of Scotland was effective in raising funds for the Jacobite Rebellion and as a result, The Royal Bank of Scotland was established to provide a bank with strong Hanoverian and Whig ties.
Campaign Finance$1,233,403 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Royal Bank of Scotland
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Citizens Financial Group $4,570,000 RBS Securities $1,040,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Homeland Security,
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.4173 Wall Street Transparency and Accountability Act of 2010 S.1642 Higher Education Amendments of 2007 H.R.946 Consumer Overdraft Protection Fair Practices Act S.3217 Private Fund Investment Advisers Registration Act of 2010 H.R.1456 Consumer Overdraft Protection Fair Practices Act H.R.2669 College Cost Reduction Act of 2007 H.R.3126 Consumer Financial Protection Agency Act of 2009 H.R.3639 Expedited CARD Reform for Consumers Act of 2009 H.R.4137 College Opportunity and Affordability Act of 2007 H.R.5244 Credit Cardholders' Bill of Rights Act of 2008
RegulationsMentioned in 109 dockets; Submitted to 2 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Royal Bank of Scotland" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Royal Bank of Scotland
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Royal Bank of Scotland
- Toggle 6 DOE This docket contains Federal Register Notices from the DOE FDMS Sandbox. 2009
- Toggle 3 OCC Regulatory Capital Rules (Part III): Advanced Approaches Risk-based Capital Rules; Market Risk Capital Rule 2012
- Toggle 3 DOE This docket contains Federal Register Notices from the DOE FDMS Sandbox. 2011
- Toggle 3 OCC Regulatory Capital Rules (Part II): Standardized Approach for Risk-weighted Assets; Market Discipline and Disclosure Requirements 2012
- Toggle 3 OCC Regulatory Capital Rules (Part I): Regulatory Capital, Minimum Regulatory Capital Ratios, Capital Adequacy, Transition Provisions 2012
- Toggle 2 DOT 2005/2006 U.S.-China Air Services Case and Designations 2004
- Toggle 2 OCC Risk-Based Capital Guidelines: Market Risk 2010
- Toggle 2 OCC Volcker Rule - Prohibition on Proprietary Trading and Certain Relationships with Hedge Funds and Private Equity Funds 2011
- Toggle 1 FERC Combined Notice of Filings 2009
- Toggle 1 DOT Association of Retail Travel Agents - Emergency Petition for Rulemaking 1998
Advisory Committees2 people on 2 committees
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "Royal Bank of Scotland" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Department of Homeland Security 1 person on 1 committee
- Toggle Department of Transportation 1 person on 1 committee