Rohm & Haas
Rohm and Haas Company, a Philadelphia, Pennsylvania based company, manufactures miscellaneous materials. Formerly a Fortune 500 Company, Rohm and Haas employs more than 17,000 people in 27 countries, with its last sales revenue reported as ain independent company at USD 8.9 billion. On July 10, 2008, The Dow Chemical Company agreed to buy Rohm and Haas for $17.29 billion. Dow Chemical completed its acquisition of Rohm and Haas on April 1, 2009.
Campaign Finance$1,362,070 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Rohm & Haas
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Rohm & Haas $4,512,500
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Chemical Industry,
- Energy & Nuclear Power,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Copyright, Patent & Trademark,
- Environment & Superfund,
- Clean Air & Water,
- Marine, Boats & Fisheries
RegulationsMentioned in 134 dockets; Submitted to 1 docket
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Rohm & Haas" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Rohm & Haas
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Rohm & Haas
- Toggle 6 EPA NESHAP Polymers and Resins IV 2001
- Toggle 6 EPA 2-Octyl-3 (2H)-isothiazolone (Octhilinone) 2007
- Toggle 6 EPA 1,2-Benzisothiazolin-3-one (BIT) Risk Assessment; Notice of Availability 2005
- Toggle 5 EPA Hazardous Waste Management System; Identification and Listing of Hazardous Waste; Paint Production Wastes; Land Disposal Restrictions for Newly Identified Wastes; CERCLA Hazardous Substance Designation and Reportable Quantities 2001
- Toggle 4 EPA Propanil; Notice of Pesticide Tolerance Reassessment Decision and Availability of Risk Assessment 2002
- Toggle 4 EPA Facilities Specific Nox Standards for Rohm and Hass 2005
- Toggle 4 EPA Chemicals; Toxic Chemical Release Reporting; Community Right-to-Know; Proposed Significant New Use Rule; Proposed Rule  2005
- Toggle 3 EPA Proposed Guidelines for Carcinogen Risk Assessment 2005
- Toggle 3 EPA National Emission Standards for Hazardous Air Pollutants: Revision of Area Source Category List Under Section 112(c)(3) and 112(k)(3)(B)(ii) of the Clean Air Act 2002
- Toggle 3 EPA Hazardous Waste Management System Identifcation and Listing of Hazardous Waste: Inorganic Chemical Manufacturing Wastes; Land Disposal Restrictions for Newly Identifed Wastes; and CERCLA Hazardous Substance Designation and Reportable Quantities 2000
|2008||$5,600,000||Rohm & Haas: Installation Force Protection -- M291/M295 Skin Decontamination|
EPA Violations8 Enforcement Actions
Figures are based on data from the Environmental Protection Agency’s ECHO website. The ECHO database contains federal and state environmental enforcement actions. Data displayed here includes only those actions that began after 2000 and resulted in fines of over $1 million.
Actions where the company was the sole defendant are listed first. Actions where the company is one of multiple defendants are listed subsequently.
For more information see our EPA methodology page.
|3m Company||Rohm and Haas Company (+106 others)||2008||Wood Ridge, Nj||$18,000,000|
|American Standard Inc., Et Al. (Avery Dennison Corp.)||Rohm And Haas Company (+42 others)||2008||Camden, Nj||$9,539,092|
|3m Company Et Al.||Rohm and Haas Company (+67 others)||2004||Carlstadt, Nj||$8,649,902|
|Industrial Pollution Control (Ipc) (Cost Recovery Agmt)||Rohm & Haas (Morton International, Inc.) (+236 others)||2003||Jackson, Ms||$3,440,369|
|Abb, Inc. Et Al (Spectron Deminimis Settlement)||Rohm And Haas Company (+547 others)||2003||Elkton, Md||$2,803,841|
|Benjamin Moore & Co., Et Al||Rohm And Hass Co (+26 others)||2001||Piscataway, Nj||$2,000,000|
|Folcroft Landfill||Rohm and Haas Company (+14 others)||2006||Folcroft Borough, Pa||$1,500,000|
|Abb, Inc.||Rohm and Haas Company (+72 others)||2007||Wood Ridge, Nj||$1,400,000|
Advisory Committees1 person on 1 committee
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.