Rock-Tenn Company (NYSE: RKT) is a paper and packaging manufacturer based in Norcross, Georgia. Rock-Tenn provides a wide range of marketing and packaging solutions to consumer products companies. The company has pro forma net sales of $2.9 billion and operating locations in the United States, Canada, Mexico, Argentina, and Chile. Rock-Tenn currently employs approximately 9,300 people. The company is one of North America's leading manufacturers of packaging products, merchandising displays, and bleached and recycled paperboard.
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's June 2, 2011 filing.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Standardized Donation Informationcovers roughly through Q4 2012. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Rock-Tenn Co
Names of Lobbyists
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Environment & Superfund,
- Energy & Nuclear Power,
- Clean Air & Water,
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.763 Safe and Efficient Transportation Act of 2011 S.747 Safe and Efficient Transportation Act of 2011
RegulationsMentioned in 8 dockets; Submitted to 1 docket
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Rock-Tenn Co" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Rock-Tenn Co
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Rock-Tenn Co
- Toggle 1 EPA Approval and Promulgation of Air Quality Implementation Plans; State of Missouri; Regional Haze State Implementation Plan 2012
- Toggle 1 EPA Air Quality Designations and Classifications for the 2010 SO2 Standards 2012
- Toggle 1 EPA OR Regional Haze Reasonable Progress Long Term Strategy 2012
- Toggle 1 NLRB Proposed rule amending representation-case procedures 2011
- Toggle 1 FTC Early Terminations of Waiting Periods under Premerger Notification Rules 2011
- Toggle 1 EPA Maryland- Reasonably Available Control Technology (RACT) SIP for the 1997 8-Hour Ozone NAAQS 2012
- Toggle 1 EPA State of Tennessee; Underground Injection Control (UIC) Program Primacy 2011
- Toggle 1 FTC Granting of Request for Early Termination of the Waiting Period under the Premerger Notification Rules 2011