Right to Life
Right to life is a phrase that describes the belief that a human being has an essential right to live, particularly that a human being has the right not to be killed by another human being. The concept of a right to life is central to debates on the issues of capital punishment, euthanasia, self defense, abortion and war.
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's December 31, 2010 filing. independent expenditures updated daily.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Independent Expendituresmoney spent supporting or opposing a candidate
Candidate Support/Oppose Total Spent Carly FiorinaSupport $243,014 Pat ToomeySupport $230,759 Marco RubioSupport $213,035 Ronald Harold JohnsonSupport $94,713 Ken BuckSupport $91,844 Rand PaulSupport $72,852 Roy BluntSupport $71,661 Scott BruunSupport $70,572 Richard BurrSupport $68,696 Robert CornillesSupport $57,534
Standardized Donation Informationcovers roughly through Q4 2012. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Right to Life
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount National Right to Life $1,124,073
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Health Issues,
- Family, Abortion & Adoption,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Foreign Relations,
- Medicare & Medicaid,
- Government Issues,
- Science & Technology,
- Medical Research & Clin Labs
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.5111 H.R.3590 Service Members Home Ownership Tax Act of 2009 H.R.5939 No Taxpayer Funding for Abortion Act H.R.877 Patients First Act of 2009 H.R.1050 Human Cloning Prohibition Act of 2009 S.2971 Peace Corps Improvement and Expansion Act of 2010 S.3454 National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2011 H.R.4529 Roadmap for America's Future Act of 2010 H.R.634 Child Interstate Abortion Notification Act H.R.872 Stem Cell Research Improvement Act of 2009
RegulationsMentioned in 68 dockets; Submitted to 3 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Right to Life" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Right to Life
- Toggle 24 HHS Rescission of the Regulation entitled "Ensuring That Department of Health and Human Services Funds Do Not Support Coercive or Discriminatory Policies or Practices in Violation of Federal Law"; Proposal 2009
- Toggle 1 IRS Interim Final Rules for Group Health Plans and Health Insurance Issuers Relating to Coverage of Preventive Services under the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act 2010
- Toggle 1 FSIS Non-Ambulatory Disabled Veal Calves and Other Non-Ambulatory Disabled Livestock at Slaughter; Petitions for Rulemaking 2010
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Right to Life
- Toggle 681 HHS Rescission of the Regulation entitled "Ensuring That Department of Health and Human Services Funds Do Not Support Coercive or Discriminatory Policies or Practices in Violation of Federal Law"; Proposal 2009
- Toggle 15 FWS 90-Day Finding on a Petition To List All Chimpanzees (Pan troglodytes) as Endagered 2010
- Toggle 7 EPA National Emission Standards for Hazardous Air Pollutants for Coal- and Oil-fired Electric Utility Steam Generating Units 2009
- Toggle 7 IRS Requirement for Group Health Plans and Health Insurance Issuers to Provide Coverage of Preventive Services under the PatientProtection and Affordable Care Act 2010
- Toggle 7 HHS Pre-Existing Condition Insurance Plan Program 2010
- Toggle 5 FDA Proposal to Withdraw Approval; Notice of Opportunity for a Hearing for the Breast Cancer Indication for Bevacizumab (Avastin) 2010
- Toggle 5 IRS Interim Final Rules for Group Health Plans and Health Insurance Issuers Relating to Coverage of Preventive Services under the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act 2010
- Toggle 4 USTR NOTICE REGARDING THE REVIEW OF COUNTRY PRACTICE PETITIONS FOR THE 2008 ANNUAL REVIEW OF GSP 2009
- Toggle 3 HUD FR–5271–P–01 SAFE Mortgage Licensing Act: HUD Responsibilities Under the SAFE Act 2009
- Toggle 3 EPA Prevention of Significant Deterioration/Title V Greenhouse Gas Tailoring Rule 2009