Rhodia is an international chemical company based in La Défense, France, a suburb of Paris. It is a leader in several specialty chemical markets. Its shares trade on the Euronext stock exchange and it has ADRs on the Pink Sheets. Rhodia was originally the chemicals division of Rhône-Poulenc until it was spun off into a separate company in 1998.
Campaign Finance$24,105 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Rhodia Inc
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Rhodia Inc $200,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Chemical Industry,
- Consumer Product Safety,
- Environment & Superfund,
- Marine, Boats & Fisheries
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.961 H.R.962 H.R.1183 H.R.1184 S.591 SEAM Act of 2011 H.R.2767 H.R.2767 Investing in Tomorrow's Technology Act H.R.3671 H.R.3672 H.R.3732
RegulationsMentioned in 239 dockets; Submitted to 10 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Rhodia Inc" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Rhodia Inc
- Toggle 7 PHMSA Rhodia, Inc. - Emergency Exemption - Hazardous Materials - Authorize Transportation in Commerce of Phosphorus (P4) Under Water in 30 Gallon Open-Head Drums (UN 1A2) 2004
- Toggle 5 PHMSA Rhodia Inc. - Exemption - Authorize the Transportation in Commerce of DOT Specification 111S100W-2 Tank Cars that Exceed the Maximum Gross Weight Limit 2000
- Toggle 4 PHMSA Astaris LLC - Emergency Exemption - Hazardous Materials - Authorize the Transportation in Commerce of Phosphorus-Bearing Wastes 2004
- Toggle 3 FRA Request for Administrative Hearing - Rhodia, Inc. (Rhodia) 2004
- Toggle 2 PHMSA ChemCentral - Exemption - Authorize Rail Cars to Remain Connected 2000
- Toggle 2 PHMSA Railway Progress Institute, Inc. - Hazardous Materials - Exemption - Tank Cars - Various Chemicals 1998
- Toggle 1 OSHA HAZARD COMMUNICATION 2006
- Toggle 1 EPA Pesticides; Data Submitter Rights for Data in Support of Tolerance Actions; Notice of Availability 2002
- Toggle 1 PHMSA U.S. DOT/RSPA - Notice of Proposed Rulemaking 2002
- Toggle 1 PHMSA Rhodia Inc. - Emergency Exemption - Hazardous Materials - Transportation in Commerce of Yellow Phosphorus Under Water in Alternative Packaging 2003
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Rhodia Inc
- Toggle 87 PHMSA Railway Progress Institute, Inc. - Hazardous Materials - Exemption - Tank Cars - Various Chemicals 1998
- Toggle 28 PHMSA Rhodia, Inc. - Emergency Exemption - Hazardous Materials - Authorize Transportation in Commerce of Phosphorus (P4) Under Water in 30 Gallon Open-Head Drums (UN 1A2) 2004
- Toggle 25 PHMSA Rhodia Inc. - Exemption - Authorize the Transportation in Commerce of DOT Specification 111S100W-2 Tank Cars that Exceed the Maximum Gross Weight Limit 2000
- Toggle 22 EPA National Emission Standards for Hazardous Air Pollutants for Utility Air Toxics; Clean Air Mercury Rule (CAMR) 2002
- Toggle 20 EPA Rule to Reduce Interstate Transport of Fine Particulate Matter and Ozone ;Clean Air Interstate Rule, (CAIR) 2003
- Toggle 19 FRA Request for Administrative Hearing - Rhodia, Inc. (Rhodia) 2004
- Toggle 15 EPA In Vitro Dermal Absorption Rate Testing of Certain Chemicals of Interest to the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) 2003
- Toggle 11 EPA Rulemaking for the Steam Electric Power Generating Effluent Limitations Guidelines 2009
- Toggle 9 FDA Health Claim Petition for Soluble Fiber from Oatrim 2001
- Toggle 9 PHMSA ChemCentral - Exemption - Authorize Rail Cars to Remain Connected 2000
EPA Violations4 Enforcement Actions
Figures are based on data from the Environmental Protection Agency’s ECHO website. The ECHO database contains federal and state environmental enforcement actions. Data displayed here includes only those actions that began after 2000 and resulted in fines of over $1 million.
Actions where the company was the sole defendant are listed first. Actions where the company is one of multiple defendants are listed subsequently.
For more information see our EPA methodology page.
|Rhodia, Inc.||Rhodia, Inc.||2004||Ramsey, Mt||$40,000,000|
|Rhodia Inc. (National Case) (Lead)||Rhodia Inc.||2007||Hammond, In||$1,788,333|
|Agere Systems, Et Al||Rhodia, Inc. (+138 others)||2007||Elkton, Md||$11,300,000|
|Carolina Steel Drum Superfund Site||Rhodia, Inc. (+42 others)||2005||Rock Hill, Sc||$4,986,394|
Advisory Committees2 people on 2 committees
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.