Reynolds American, Inc. (NYSE: RAI) is the second-largest tobacco company in the United States. Its holdings include R.J. Reynolds Tobacco Company, American Snuff Company (formerly Conwood Company), Santa Fe Natural Tobacco Company, Forsyth Tobacco and Lane Limited. It is 42% owned by British American Tobacco of the United Kingdom.
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's December 31, 2012 filing.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Standardized Donation Informationcovers roughly through Q4 2012. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Reynolds American
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount RAI Services Co $4,106,870
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Government Issues,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Health Issues,
- Food Industry
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.2112 Agriculture, Rural Development, Food and Drug Administration, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2012 H.R.4134 To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to clarify that any person who, for a commercial purpose, makes available for consumer use a machine capable of producing tobacco products, is a manufacturer of tobacco products. H.R.1639 Traditional Cigar Manufacturing and Small Business Jobs Preservation Act of 2011 H.R.5973 Agriculture, Rural Development, Food and Drug Administration, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2013 H.R.4348 Transportation Research and Innovative Technology Act of 2012 S.2375 Agriculture, Rural Development, Food and Drug Administration, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2013 H.R.1256 Medicare Physician Payment Transparency and Assessment Act of 2011 H.R.1261 Chief Technology Officer Act S.579 Sergeant Coleman S. Bean Reserve Component Suicide Prevention Act S.1813 MAP-21
RegulationsMentioned in 9 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Reynolds American" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Reynolds American
- Toggle 6 FDA Initiate a Rulemaking Procedure to Adjust the Text of a Smokeless Tobacco ("ST") Product Warning Label Statement 2011
- Toggle 3 FDA FDA Actions Related to Nicotine Replacement Therapies and Smoking-Cessation Products; Report to Congress on Innovative Products and Treatments for Tobacco Dependence; Public Hearing; Request for Comments 2012
- Toggle 2 Smokeless Tobacco Product Warning Statements; Request for Comments and Scientific Evidence 2012
- Toggle 1 FDA Regulations Restricting the Sale and Distribution of Cigarettes and Smokeless Tobacco to Protect Children and Adolescents 2011
- Toggle 1 BOEM Shell Gulf of Mexico Revised 2012 Outer Continental Shelf Lease Exploration Plan, Chukchi Sea, Alaska. Burger Prospect: Posey Area Blocks 6714, 6762, 6764, 6812, 6915; Chukchi Sea Lease Sale 193 (May 2011) 2011
- Toggle 1 FDA Establishing that a Tobacco Product was Commercially Marketed in the United States as of February 15, 2007; Availability 2011
- Toggle 1 FDA Advisory Committee, Workshops, and Conferences Notices Various Meeting Notices (eg., Task Force Meeting, etc.) 2011
- Toggle 1 FDA Site Tours Program 2011
- Toggle 1 FDA Tobacco Product Manufacturing Facility Visits 2012