Reynolds American, Inc. (NYSE: RAI) is the second-largest tobacco company in the United States. Its holdings include R.J. Reynolds Tobacco Company, American Snuff Company (formerly Conwood Company), Santa Fe Natural Tobacco Company, Forsyth Tobacco and Lane Limited. It is 42% owned by British American Tobacco of the United Kingdom.
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's December 10, 2009 filing.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Standardized Donation Informationcovers roughly through Q4 2012. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Reynolds American
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Reynolds American $4,579,096 RAI Services Co $2,236,412 Conwood Co $10,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Government Issues,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Health Issues,
- Food Industry
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.1256 Family Smoking Prevention and Tobacco Control Act H.R.1261 Youth Prevention and Tobacco Harm Reduction Act S.982 Family Smoking Prevention and Tobacco Control Act S.579 Federal Tobacco Act of 2009 H.R.2 Children's Health Insurance Program Reauthorization Act of 2009 S.1147 PACT Act H.R.1676 PACT Act H.R.5178 Smuggled Tobacco Prevention Act of 2010 H.R.4213 Tax Extenders Act of 2009 S.3288 Smuggled Tobacco Prevention Act of 2010
RegulationsMentioned in 10 dockets; Submitted to 1 docket
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Reynolds American" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Reynolds American
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Reynolds American
- Toggle 4 FDA Required Warnings for Cigarette Packages & Advertisements 2010
- Toggle 3 FDA Regulation of Tobacco Products; Request for Comments 2009
- Toggle 3 FDA FDA is Requesting Data, Information, and Views and Hosting a Web-Based Public Meeting to Discuss Issues Related to the Development of an Enforcement Action Plan 2010
- Toggle 2 FDA Impact of Dissolvable Tobacco Use on Public Health; Request for Comments 2010
- Toggle 1 FDA Tobacco Product Advertising and Promotion to Youth and Racial and Ethnic Minority Populations; Request for Comments 2010
- Toggle 1 FDA Enforcement Action Plan for Promotion and Advertising Restrictions; Availability 2010
- Toggle 1 EERE Energy Conservation Standards for High-Intensity Discharge (HID) Lamps 2010
- Toggle 1 FDA Tobacco Products, Exemptions from Substantial Equivalence Requirements 2010
- Toggle 1 TTB Standards for Pipe Tobacco and Roll-Your-Own Tobacco 2010
- Toggle 1 FDA Implementation of the Family Smoking Prevention and Tobacco Control Act Request for Comments (Advance Notice of Proposed Rulemaking) 2010