Republic Services, Inc (NYSE: RSG) is a waste management company. Once the third largest waste management firm in the United States, on June 23, 2008 it announced its intention to purchase its larger competitor Allied Waste Industries for $6.1 billion USD in Republic Services stock. The merged company will retain the Republic name and become the second largest (after Waste Management, Inc) non-hazardous solid waste management company in the United States.
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's December 31, 2012 filing.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Standardized Donation Informationcovers roughly through Q4 2012. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Republic Services
Names of Lobbyists
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Hazardous & Solid Waste,
- Energy & Nuclear Power,
RegulationsMentioned in 15 dockets; Submitted to 1 docket
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Republic Services" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Republic Services
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Republic Services
- Toggle 3 EPA Deferral of Application of the Prevention of Significant Deterioration (PSD) and Title V Programs to CO2 emissions from Bioenergy and Other Biogenic Sources 2011
- Toggle 3 NLRB Proposed rule amending representation-case procedures 2011
- Toggle 3 EPA Approval and Promulgation of Implementation Plans; State of Montana; State Implementation Plan and Regional Haze Federal Implementation Plan 2011
- Toggle 1 EPA Disapproval of Implementation Plan Revisions; State of California; South Coast VMT Emissions Offset Demonstrations 2012
- Toggle 1 EPA Revision to the South Coast Air Quality Management District Portion of the California State Implementation Plan, South Coast Rule 1315 2012
- Toggle 1 EPA NV: Clark County, Nevada 1997 8-hour O3 redesignatinon 2012
- Toggle 1 FMCSA WSC - In the Matter of Blaine Warren Advertising LLC - Field Administrator's Response to Motion to Dismiss and Objection to Informal Hearing 2011
- Toggle 1 COLC Designation of Agent to Receive Notification of Claimed Infringement 2011
- Toggle 1 EPA Approval and Promulgation of Implementation Plans; California; 2007 South Coast State Implementation Plan for 1997 8-hour Ozone Standard and 2007 State Strategy 2011
- Toggle 1 EPA Limited Approval and Disapproval of Air Quality Implementation Plans; Nevada; Clark County; Stationary Source Permits 2012