Rent-A-Center (NASDAQ: RCII) (commonly referred to as RAC) is an American public furniture and electronics rent to own company based in Plano, Texas. The company was incorporated in 1986 and as of 2010 operates 3,007 company-owned stores in the United States, Canada, Puerto Rico and Mexico, accounting for 38% of the rent-to-own market in the United States based on store count.
Campaign Finance$1,708,367 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Rent-A-Center
Names of Lobbyists
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Consumer Product Safety,
- Government Issues,
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.1588 Consumer Rental Purchase Agreement Act H.R.1744 Consumer Rental Purchase Agreement Act S.738 Consumer Rental-Purchase Agreement Act of 2009 S.881 Consumer Rental-Purchase Agreement Act of 2011 H.R.1767 Consumer Rental Purchase Agreement Act S.1012 Consumer Rental-Purchase Agreement Act of 2007 H.R.3126 Consumer Financial Protection Agency Act of 2009 H.R.1651 Consumer Rental Purchase Agreement Act S.603 Consumer Rental-Purchase Agreement Act of 2005
RegulationsMentioned in 13 dockets; Submitted to 1 docket
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Rent-A-Center" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Rent-A-Center
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Rent-A-Center
- Toggle 12 Enhancement of Protections on Consumer Credit for Members of the Armed Forces and Their Dependents 2013
- Toggle 5 CFPB Request for Information Regarding Scope, Methods, and Data Sources for Conducting Study of Pre-Dispute Arbitration Agreements 2012
- Toggle 2 EERE Energy Efficiency Program for Consumer Products: Public Meeting and the Availability of the Framework Document for Fluorescent Lamp Ballasts 2007
- Toggle 2 DOD Limitations on Terms of Consumer Credit Extended to Service Members and Dependents 2006
- Toggle 1 EPA Effluent Limitations Guidelines, Pretreatment Standards, and New Source Performance Standards for the Metal Products and Machinery Point Source Category. 2002
- Toggle 1 EPA State of Tennessee; Underground Injection Control (UIC) Program Primacy 2011
- Toggle 1 EEOC ADA Amendments Act NPRM 2009
- Toggle 1 IRS Guidance to Revise Section 301.7216-3 2008
- Toggle 1 HHS Group Health Plans and Health Insurance Issuers: Internal Claims and Appeals and External Review Processes under the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act 2010
- Toggle 1 EERE Energy Efficiency Program for Consumer Products: California Energy Commission Petition for Exemption From Federal Preemption of California's Water Conservation Standards for Residential Clothes Washers [71FR6022] (EE-RM-PET-100) 2006