NRG Energy, Inc. (NYSE: NRG) is an energy company headquartered in West Windsor Township, New Jersey, near Princeton.
Campaign Finance$2,064,341 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Reliant Energy
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Reliant Energy $8,212,500 Reliant Energy $8,212,500
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Energy & Nuclear Power,
- Clean Air & Water,
- Hazardous & Solid Waste,
- Environment & Superfund,
- Labor, Antitrust & Workplace,
- Natural Resources,
- Consumer Product Safety,
- Government Issues
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title S.1766 Low Carbon Economy Act of 2007 S.2191 America's Climate Security Act of 2007 H.R.6 Energy Independence and Security Act of 2007 S.3036 Lieberman-Warner Climate Security Act of 2008 H.R.620 Climate Stewardship Act of 2007 S.280 Climate Stewardship and Innovation Act of 2007 S.317 Electric Utility Cap and Trade Act of 2007 H.R.1 American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 H.R.890 American Renewable Energy Act H.R.1590 Safe Climate Act of 2007
RegulationsMentioned in 439 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Reliant Energy" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Reliant Energy
- Toggle 84 USCG Cabrillo Port Liquefied Natural Gas Deepwater Port License Application 2004
- Toggle 58 EPA Clean Air Transport Rule 2009
- Toggle 43 EPA Rule to Reduce Interstate Transport of Fine Particulate Matter and Ozone ;Clean Air Interstate Rule, (CAIR) 2003
- Toggle 40 EPA HAZARDOUS AND SOLID WASTE MANAGEMENT SYSTEM; IDENTIFICATION AND LISTING OF SPECIAL WASTES; DISPOSAL OF COAL COMBUSTION RESIDUALS FROM ELECTRIC UTILITIES 2009
- Toggle 37 EPA National Emission Standards for Hazardous Air Pollutants for Utility Air Toxics; Clean Air Mercury Rule (CAMR) 2002
- Toggle 26 USCG Clearwater Port LLC Natural Gas Deepwater Port License Application - Notice and Request for Comments 2007
- Toggle 25 EPA Criteria and Standards for Cooling Water Intake Structures 2008
- Toggle 24 EPA Rulemaking for the Steam Electric Power Generating Effluent Limitations Guidelines 2009
- Toggle 23 EPA Preliminary 2008 Effluent Guidelines Program Plan 2006
- Toggle 23 DOT Continental Airlines, Inc. - Exemption/Frequency Allocation - Houston-Buenos Aires 2005
Advisory Committees4 people on 3 committees
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "Reliant Energy" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Department of Energy 2 people on 2 committees
- Toggle Small Business Administration 2 people on 1 committee