Reed Smith LLP
Reed Smith LLP is a global law firm, with nearly 1,600 lawyers in 22 offices throughout the United States, Europe, the Middle East and Asia.
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's December 31, 2010 filing.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Standardized Donation Informationcovers roughly through Q4 2012. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying Carried Out by Reed Smith LLP
Names of Lobbyists
Client Amount City of Eureka, CA $340,000 City of Desert Hot Springs, CA $180,000 Clean Tech Solutions Worldwide $130,000 Golf Course Superintendents Assn of Amer $90,000 Federated Investors Inc $60,000 Copperhead Chemical Co $20,000 Natl Alliance for Adv Transport Batterie $20,000 City of Jersey City, NJ $10,000 Patton Holdings $0 Insightec Inc $0
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Economics & Econ Development,
- Energy & Nuclear Power,
- Environment & Superfund,
- Foreign Relations,
- Government Issues,
- Veterans Affairs,
RegulationsMentioned in 21 dockets; Submitted to 1 docket
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Reed Smith LLP" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Reed Smith LLP
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Reed Smith LLP
- Toggle 3 CMS Prospective Payment System for Long-Term Care Hospitals RY 2008: Proposed Annual Payment Rate Updates, Policy Changes, Clarifications, and Hospital Direct and Indirect Graduate Medical Education Payments 2010
- Toggle 3 CMS Revisions to Payment Policies Under the Physician Fee Schedule for Calendar Year 2007 2010
- Toggle 2 CMS Changes to the Hospital Outpatient Prospective Payment System and Ambulatory Surgical Center Payment System for CY 2008 Payment Rates 2010
- Toggle 2 CMS Prospective Payment System for Long-Term Care Hospitals RY 2007; Annual Payment Rate Updates 2010
- Toggle 2 CMS Application, Review, and Reporting Process for Waivers for State Innovation 2010
- Toggle 2 FDA Confirm that FDA Will Stay Approval of ANDA No. 90-040 for 30 Months from November 24, 2009 2010
- Toggle 2 DOT KaiserAir, Inc. - Certificate - Interstate Charter Air Transportation 2009
- Toggle 1 FMC Agreements Filed 2010
- Toggle 1 CMS Medicaid Program; State Flexibility for Medicaid Benefit Packages 2009
- Toggle 1 CMS Revisions to Payment Policies Under the Physician Fee Schedule, and Other Part B Payment Policies; Revisions to Payment Policies for Ambulance Services for CY 2008; and the Proposed Elimination of the E-Rx Exemption for Computer-Generated Faxes*** 2010