Raytheon Company (NYSE: RTN) is a major American military contractor and industrial corporation with core manufacturing concentrations in weapons and military and commercial electronics. It was previously involved in corporate and special-mission aircraft until early 2007. Raytheon is the world's largest producer of guided missiles.
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's August 30, 2011 filing.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Standardized Donation Informationfederal data covers roughly through Q2 2014
state-level data is not available in bulk for 2014. for current state data, browse http://followthemoney.org/
- PAC Color Block
- Organization's PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- PAC Color Block
- Organization's PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Raytheon Co
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Raytheon Co $14,560,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Homeland Security,
- Aviation, Airlines & Airports,
- Foreign Relations,
- Science & Technology,
- Energy & Nuclear Power,
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.4310 Military Construction Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2013 H.R.1540 National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2012 H.R.5856 Department of Defense Appropriations Act, 2013 H.R.2219 Department of Defense Appropriations Act, 2012 S.3254 National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2013 S.1253 National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2012 H.R.1473 Department of Defense and Full-Year Continuing Appropriations Act, 2011 H.R.2055 Military Construction and Veterans Affairs and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2012 S.2465 Energy and Water Development and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2013
RegulationsMentioned in 124 dockets; Submitted to 4 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Raytheon Co" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Raytheon Co
- Toggle 1 FAA Unmanned Aircraft Test Sites; Notice Request for Comments 2012
- Toggle 1 BLM Notice of Proposed Rule: Oil and Gas; Well Stimulation, Including Hydraulic Fracturing, on Federal and Indian Lands 43 CFR 3160 2012
- Toggle 1 DARS Item Unique Identifier Update (DFARS Case 2011-D055) 2012
- Toggle 1 NLRB Proposed rule amending representation-case procedures 2011
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Raytheon Co
- Toggle 9 SBA Small Business Size Standards: Professional, Scientific and Technical Services 2011
- Toggle 4 EPA Approval and Promulgation of Implementation Plans; State of Montana; State Implementation Plan and Regional Haze Federal Implementation Plan 2011
- Toggle 4 BLM Notice of Proposed Rule: Oil and Gas; Well Stimulation, Including Hydraulic Fracturing, on Federal and Indian Lands 43 CFR 3160 2012
- Toggle 4 FAA 2012-NM-114-AD Airworthiness Directives: Hawker Beechcraft Corporation (Type Certificate Previously Held by Raytheon Aircraft Company; Beech Aircraft Corporation) Airplanes 2012
- Toggle 3 EPA Maryland- Regional Haze State Implementation Plan 2012
- Toggle 3 FAA Exemption/Petition - Raytheon Missile Systems/Advanced Programs 2011
- Toggle 3 NRC Consideration on Environmental Impacts on Temporary Storage of Spent Fuel After Cessation of Reactor Operation 2012
- Toggle 3 EPA Approval and Promulgation of Air Quality Implementation Plans; Massachusetts; Regional Haze State Implementation Plan. 2012
- Toggle 3 NRC Resolution of PRM-26-4, California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists 2011
- Toggle 3 OCC Credit Risk Retention by Securitizers 2011
Federal Spending1 grant; 1,991 contracts
Federal grants, contracts and loans are reported by federal agencies using the FPDS and FAADS systems. The data is made available to the public at USASpending.gov. Please note that the completeness and quality of the data varies greatly by agency.
Only grants, contracts and loans with amounts over $1 million are shown.
Because company names are not reported in a standardized manner, we cannot reliably determine the company receiving the contract or award. The results shown here are based on a search for the company name. Individual records may be missed or erroneously included because of name variations. For more information, please see our federal spending methodology page.
Note: Company names in federal spending data are not standardized. The table below is included only as a sample of what is available in the data and has not been reviewed for accuracy or completeness. To investigate the data further, use the links at the bottom of the table.
|Raytheon Company||2011||DEFINITIZATION FOR UAE MODIFICATION||$1,326,596,636|
|Raytheon Company||2011||DEFINITATION OF UNDIFINITIZED CONTRACT ACTION||$1,326,596,636|
|Raytheon Company||2012||PATRIOT FMS-TAIWAN 4 LOT DIFINITIZATION MODIFICATION||$450,478,103|
|Raytheon Company||2011||LOT 25||$438,946,480|
|Raytheon Company||2012||PROCURE FY12 TOMAHAWK BLOCK IV MISSILES||$337,840,145|
|Raytheon Company||2012||AMRAAM LOT 26 PRODUCTION||$251,655,045|
|Raytheon Company||2012||AMRAAM LOT 26 PRODUCTION||$245,475,972|
|Raytheon Company||2012||SM-3 BLOCK IB FLIGHT TEST ROUNDS (FTRS)||$230,374,920|
|Raytheon Company||2011||EXERCISE FY11 TOMAHAWK BLOCK IV PRODUCTION OPTION||$209,027,172|
|Raytheon Company||2012||DEFINITIZATION OF FY10/11 PRODUCTION REQUIREMENTS&INCORPORATION OF FY12 PRODUCTION REQUIREMENTS||$197,855,172|
EPA Violations1 Enforcement Actions
Figures are based on data from the Environmental Protection Agency’s ECHO website. The ECHO database contains federal and state environmental enforcement actions. Data displayed here includes only those actions that began after 2000 and resulted in fines of over $1 million.
Actions where the company was the sole defendant are listed first. Actions where the company is one of multiple defendants are listed subsequently.
For more information see our EPA methodology page.
|Operating Industries Inc Superfund Site Admin Settlement No.2010-04||Raytheon Company (+275 others)||2011||Monterey Park, Ca||$8,500,000|
Advisory Committees14 people on 18 committees
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "Raytheon Co" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Department of Defense 6 people on 6 committees
- Toggle Department of Homeland Security 2 people on 5 committees
- Toggle Department of Commerce 2 people on 3 committees
- Toggle National Science Foundation 3 people on 3 committees
- Toggle Department of State 1 person on 1 committee