Raytheon Company (NYSE: RTN) is a major American military contractor and industrial corporation with core manufacturing concentrations in weapons and military and commercial electronics. It was previously involved in corporate and special-mission aircraft until early 2007. Raytheon is the world's largest producer of guided missiles.
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's December 31, 2010 filing.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Standardized Donation Informationcovers roughly through Q4 2012. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Raytheon Co
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Raytheon Co $14,140,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Homeland Security,
- Aviation, Airlines & Airports,
- Foreign Relations,
- Science & Technology,
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.2647 National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2010 H.R.5136 National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2011 S.3800 Department of Defense Appropriations Act, 2011 H.R.2701 Intelligence Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2010 S.3454 National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2011 H.R.3326 Department of Defense Appropriations Act, 2010 S.1434 Department of State, Foreign Operations, and Related Programs Appropriations Act, 2010 H.R.3081 Department of State, Foreign Operations, and Related Programs Appropriations Act, 2010 S.1390 National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2010 H.R.2847 Department of Commerce Appropriations Act, 2010
RegulationsMentioned in 130 dockets; Submitted to 6 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Raytheon Co" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Raytheon Co
- Toggle 2 RITA Notice Request For Public Comments 2010
- Toggle 2 OSHA National Advisory Committee on Occupational Safety and Health (NACOSH); Request for Nominations and Meetings for 2009 2009
- Toggle 1 HHS Regional Extension Program 2009
- Toggle 1 DOT Notice of Order Soliciting Community Proposals 2010
- Toggle 1 FAA Policy Clarifying Definition of Actively Engaged for Purposes of Inspector Authorization 2010
- Toggle 1 GSA GSAR Case 2006-G507; Rewrite of GSAR Part 538, Federal Supply Schedule Contracting 2009
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Raytheon Co
- Toggle 11 EPA National Emission Standards for Hazardous Air Pollutant Emissions: Hard and Decorative Chromium Electroplating and Chromium Anodizing Tanks; Group I Polymers and Resins; Marine Tank Vessel Loading Operations; Pharmaceuticals Production; The Printing and Publishing Industry; and Steel Pickling--HCl Process Facilities and Hydrochloric Acid Regeneration Plants 2010
- Toggle 6 FAA 2010-NM-078-AD Hawker Beechcraft Corporation (Type Certificate Previously Held by Raytheon Aircraft Company; Beech Aircraft Corporation) Model 400A and 400T Airplanes 2010
- Toggle 4 FAA Exemption/Rulemaking - Raytheon Missile Systems 2010
- Toggle 4 FAA Crew Resource Management Training for Crewmembers in Part 135 Operations 2009
- Toggle 4 FAA 2008-NE-40-AD 2009
- Toggle 4 FAA 2008-CE-055-AD 2009
- Toggle 4 DOT Future of Aviation Advisory Committee 2010
- Toggle 3 EPA Identification of Additional Classes of Facilities for Development of Financial Respnsibility Requirements Under Section 108(b): Notice and Request for Comment 2009
- Toggle 3 NRC PRM-26-4 Petition for Rulemaking; California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists 2010
- Toggle 2 PHMSA Phoenix Air Group, Inc. - Permit to Transport Hazardous Materials (Modification) 2010
|2010||$8,000,000||Raytheon Co: F-15C AESA Classified Demo|
|2010||$4,000,000||Raytheon Co: Space Situational Awareness|
Cooperative Engagement Capability
Advanced Field Artillery Tactical Data System
|2010||$1,600,000||Raytheon Co: Hybrid Electric Drive All Terrain Vehicle|
|2010||$1,600,000||Raytheon Co: Current Force Common Active Protection System Radar|
Advanced Distributed Aperture System (ADAS)/Hostile Fire Indicating System (HFIS)
Federal Spending2 grants; 1,838 contracts
Federal grants, contracts and loans are reported by federal agencies using the FPDS and FAADS systems. The data is made available to the public at USASpending.gov. Please note that the completeness and quality of the data varies greatly by agency.
Only grants, contracts and loans with amounts over $1 million are shown.
Because company names are not reported in a standardized manner, we cannot reliably determine the company receiving the contract or award. The results shown here are based on a search for the company name. Individual records may be missed or erroneously included because of name variations. For more information, please see our federal spending methodology page.
Note: Company names in federal spending data are not standardized. The table below is included only as a sample of what is available in the data and has not been reviewed for accuracy or completeness. To investigate the data further, use the links at the bottom of the table.
|Raytheon Company||2009||BLK 0 TO BLK 1B B/L 2||$349,666,118|
|Raytheon Company||2009||AMRAAM PRODUCTION LOT 23||$304,667,552|
|Raytheon Company||2009||AMRAAM PRODUCTION LOT 23||$304,667,552|
|Raytheon Company||2009||SM-6 BLOCK I SDD INCREMENTAL FUNDING AND AWARD FEE EARNED||$288,698,159|
|Raytheon Company||2010||AMRAAM LOT 24||$271,808,868|
|Raytheon Company||2010||AMRAAM LOT 24||$220,631,815|
|Raytheon Company||2009||AMRAAM PRODUCTION LOT 23||$216,569,285|
|Raytheon Company||2009||SDD JLENS SYSTEMS||$215,081,447|
|Raytheon Company||2009||TOMAHAWK BLOCK IV MISSILE PROCUREMENT FOR FY09||$207,297,746|
|Raytheon Company||2010||EXERCISE THE FY10 TOMAHAWK BLOCK IV MISSILE||$202,696,561|
Contractor Misconduct3 Instances
This information is collected by the Project On Government Oversight from press releases, court documents, news reports and other public records. It is not meant to be an exhaustive account of all instances of federal contractor misconduct.
More information on each instance, including primary source documents, is available on POGO's site by clicking on the instance description. More information on POGO's methodology is available here.
|Misconduct Type||Hired By||Incident||Year||Disposition||Penalty|
|Poor Contract Performance||Defense - Army||Missile Component Testing Dispute||2009||Settlement||$212,915|
|Government Contract Fraud||Defense - General||U.S. v. Culbertson (Mail Fraud)||2010||Pleaded Guilty||$0|
|Ethics||Defense - Army||Theft of Night Vision Scopes||2009||Pleaded Guilty||$0|
EPA Violations2 Enforcement Actions
Figures are based on data from the Environmental Protection Agency’s ECHO website. The ECHO database contains federal and state environmental enforcement actions. Data displayed here includes only those actions that began after 2000 and resulted in fines of over $1 million.
Actions where the company was the sole defendant are listed first. Actions where the company is one of multiple defendants are listed subsequently.
For more information see our EPA methodology page.
|Tri County Airport Site||Raytheon Aircraft Company||2010||Delavan, Ks||$3,195,632|
|Sutton Brook Disposal Area/Ausimont Ind||Raytheon Company (+48 others)||2010||Tewksbury, Ma||$34,480,000|
Advisory Committees44 people on 30 committees
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "Raytheon Co" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Department of Transportation 24 people on 1 committee
- Toggle Department of Defense 8 people on 12 committees
- Toggle National Science Foundation 6 people on 6 committees
- Toggle Department of Homeland Security 2 people on 5 committees
- Toggle Department of Commerce 3 people on 4 committees
- Toggle Department of State 1 person on 1 committee
- Toggle Department of the Treasury 1 person on 1 committee