Rails-to-Trails Conservancy (RTC) is an American nonprofit organization based in Washington, D.C. that works with communities to preserve unused rail corridors by transforming them into rail trails within the United States of America. The mission of RTC is to create a nationwide network of trails from former rail lines and connecting corridors to build healthier places for healthier people.
Campaign Finance$5,800 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- PAC Color Block
- Organization's PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars
State vs. Federalin dollars
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Rails-to-Trails Conservancy
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Rails-to-Trails Conservancy $761,456
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Natural Resources,
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title S.403 (Unknown) S.403 Child Custody Protection Act
RegulationsMentioned in 25 dockets; Submitted to 3 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Rails-to-Trails Conservancy" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Rails-to-Trails Conservancy
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Rails-to-Trails Conservancy
- Toggle 6 CDC Walking as a Way for Americans to get the Recommended Amount of Physical Activity for Health 2013
- Toggle 4 NHTSA 2010 - 2015 Strategic Planning 2009
- Toggle 4 DOT TEA-21 Listening Sessions and One-DOT Conferences - Public Meetings; Request for Comments 1998
- Toggle 3 USDA Task Force on Childhood Obesity 2010
- Toggle 3 FHWA Protection of Parks, Recreation Areas, Wildlife and Waterfowl Refuges, and Historic Sites 2005
- Toggle 2 FHWA Safe Routes to School Task Force to the Secretary of Transportation 2006
- Toggle 1 DOT U.S. DOT/OST - Surface Transportation Reauthorization 2002
- Toggle 1 FHWA Notice - Preservation of Transportation Corridors 1997
- Toggle 1 DOT Notice of Regulatory Review of Existing DOT Regulations 2011
- Toggle 1 EPA Water Quality Standards for the State of Florida's Lakes and Flowing Waters 2009
Advisory Committees3 people on 2 committees
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "Rails-to-Trails Conservancy" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Architectural and Transportation Barriers Compliance Board 2 people on 1 committee
- Toggle National Endowment for the Arts 1 person on 1 committee