RailAmerica, Inc., based in Jacksonville, Florida, is a holding company of a number of short-line railroads and regional railroads in the United States and Canada.
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's September 30, 2012 filing.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Standardized Donation Informationcovers roughly through Q4 2012. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of RailAmerica Inc
Names of Lobbyists
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.721 Short Line Railroad Rehabilitation and Investment Act of 2011 S.672 Short Line Railroad Rehabilitation and Investment Act of 2011 H.R.1473 Department of Defense and Full-Year Continuing Appropriations Act, 2011 S.112 A bill to authorize the application of State law with respect to vehicle weight limitations on the Interstate Highway System in the States of Maine and Vermont. H.R.304 To amend the limitation on liability for certain passenger rail accidents or incidents under section 28103 of title 49, United States Code, and for other purposes. H.R.763 Safe and Efficient Transportation Act of 2011 H.R.801 Truck Weight Uniformity Act of 2011 S.49 Railroad Antitrust Enforcement Act of 2011 S.301 A bill to amend title 49, United States Code, to make technical and minor modifications to the positive train control requirements under chapter 201. S.747 Safe and Efficient Transportation Act of 2011
RegulationsMentioned in 11 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "RailAmerica Inc" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for RailAmerica Inc
- Toggle 1 NHTSA Information Collection Activities: Submission for the Office of Management and Budge (OMB) Review; Request for Comment 2011
- Toggle 1 STB Control Exemptions: RailAmerica, Inc., Palm Beach Holding, Inc., RailAmerica Transportation Corp., et al. 2012
- Toggle 1 STB Control Exemptions: RailAmerica, Inc., et al. for Wellsboro&Corning Railroad, LLC 2012
- Toggle 1 STB Quarterly Rail Cost Adjustment Factor 2012
- Toggle 1 STB Continuance in Control Exemptions: RailAmerica, Inc., et al. 2011
- Toggle 1 STB Acquisition and Operation Exemptions: Conecuh Valley Railway, LLC and Conecuh Valley Railroad Co., Inc. 2011
- Toggle 1 PHMSA Pipeline Safety: Cast Iron Pipe (Supplementary Advisory Bulletin) - Advisory Bulletin 2012
- Toggle 1 MARAD Reports, Forms and Recordkeeping Requirements; Agency Information Collection Activity Under OMB Review 2012
- Toggle 1 STB Petitions for Declaratory Orders: American Chemistry Council, et al. v. Alabama Gulf Coast Railway; CF Industries, Inc. v. Indiana and Ohio Railway et al. 2011
- Toggle 1 STB Control: Genesee and Wyoming Inc. of RailAmerica, Inc., et al. 2012