Qualcomm (NASDAQ: QCOM) is an American wireless telecommunications research and development company, as well as the largest fabless chip supplier in the world, based in San Diego, California.
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's December 31, 2008 filing.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Standardized Donation Informationcovers roughly through Q4 2012. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Qualcomm Inc
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Qualcomm Inc $13,030,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Copyright, Patent & Trademark,
- Radio & TV Broadcasting,
- Foreign Relations,
- Health Issues,
- Homeland Security,
- Science & Technology
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title S.1145 Patent Reform Act of 2007 H.R.1908 Patent Reform Act of 2007 H.R.608 Digital Television Consumer Education Act of 2007 H.R.1597 Wireless Innovation Act of 2007 S.234 Wireless Innovation Act of 2007 S.385 Interoperable Emergency Communications Act S.1493 Advanced Information and Communications Technology Research Act S.1348 Comprehensive Immigration Reform Act of 2007 H.R.5642 SUSTAIN Act H.R.1424 Paul Wellstone Mental Health and Addiction Equity Act of 2007
RegulationsMentioned in 55 dockets; Submitted to 1 docket
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Qualcomm Inc" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Qualcomm Inc
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Qualcomm Inc
- Toggle 5 FMCSA MSC - In the Matter of Slay Transportation Co., Inc. - Field Administrator’s Objection to Respondent’s Request for Administrative Adjudication 2007
- Toggle 4 NRC Waste Confidence Decision Update 2008
- Toggle 4 NRC Consideration of Environmental Impacts of Temporary Storage of Spent Fuel After Cessation of Reactor Operations 2008
- Toggle 3 EERE Energy Efficiency Program for Consumer Products: Public Meeting and Availability of Framework Document for Battery Chargers and External Power Supplies 2008
- Toggle 3 FMCSA Minimum Training Requirements for Entry-Level Commercial Motor Vehicle Operators 2007
- Toggle 3 DOT 2007, 2008, 2009 US-China Air Services and Combination Frequency Allocation Procedure 2007
- Toggle 3 FMCSA Hours of Service of Drivers: Dart Transit Company Application for Exemption 2007
- Toggle 3 ITC In the Matter of Certain Baseband Processor Chips and Chipsets, Transmitter and Receiver (RADIO) Chips, Power Control Chips, and Products Containing Same, Including Cellular Telephone Handsets; Notice of Commission Decision To Modify the Schedule for Filing Written Submissions on Remedy, the Public Interest, and Bonding, and To Extend the Target Date for Completion of the Investigation 2007
- Toggle 2 FMCSA MSC - In the Matter of Celadon Trucking Service Inc. - Motion for Final Order 2008
- Toggle 1 FMCSA Commercial Driver's License Testing and Commercial Learner's Permit Standards 2007
Advisory Committees19 people on 9 committees
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "Qualcomm Inc" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Department of Transportation 6 people on 1 committee
- Toggle Department of State 5 people on 2 committees
- Toggle Department of Commerce 4 people on 3 committees
- Toggle National Science Foundation 4 people on 3 committees