Purdue Pharma L.P., is a privately-held pharmaceutical company founded by physicians and now located in Stamford, Connecticut, USA. In its early years, Purdue was known for its antiseptic product, Betadine Solution, and its Senokot laxatives. Today, it is best known for its pain-treatment products, MS Contin and OxyContin, but it has also branched into other areas such as oncology and nutraceuticals.
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's December 31, 2012 filing.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Standardized Donation Informationcovers roughly through Q4 2012. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Purdue Pharma
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Purdue Pharma $1,160,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Health Issues,
- Medicare & Medicaid,
- Alcohol & Drug Abuse,
- Copyright, Patent & Trademark
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.4956 To suspend temporarily the rate of duty on Oleo Turmeric. H.R.756 To direct the Secretary of Transportation to prescribe standards for the maximum number of hours that an operator of a commercial motor vehicle may be reasonably detained by a shipper or receiver, and for other purposes. H.R.1191 Religious Freedom Peace Tax Fund Act of 2011 H.R.1260 Support for Survivors Act H.R.1298 Veterans' Efficiencies Through Savings Act of 2011 H.R.1359 Temporary CDBG Public Services Flexibility Act of 2011 H.R.1427 Grassroots Rural and Small Community Water Systems Assistance Act of 2011 H.R.1548 Right to Rent Act of 2011 H.R.3590 Service Members Home Ownership Tax Act of 2009 H.R.5712 Physician Payment and Therapy Relief Act of 2010
RegulationsMentioned in 22 dockets; Submitted to 4 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Purdue Pharma" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Purdue Pharma
- Toggle 2 FDA Request That the Food and Drug Adminstration Make a Determination That OxyContin (Oxycodone Hydrochloride Extended-Releases) Tablets, 10 mg, 15 mg, 20 mg, 40 mg, 60 mg, 80 mg and 160 mg Withdrawn From Sale for Reasons Other Than Safety or Effectiveness 2011
- Toggle 1 FDA Patent Term Extension Application for BUTRANS® (buprenorphine) U.S. Patent No. RE 41571 2012
- Toggle 1 IRS Branded Prescription Drug Fee 2011
- Toggle 1 FDA Refuse to Approve King's Remoxy NDA Unless the Conditions Specified in the Petition are Satisfied - CLOSED 2011
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Purdue Pharma
- Toggle 8 FDA Request That the Food and Drug Adminstration Make a Determination That OxyContin (Oxycodone Hydrochloride Extended-Releases) Tablets, 10 mg, 15 mg, 20 mg, 40 mg, 60 mg, 80 mg and 160 mg Withdrawn From Sale for Reasons Other Than Safety or Effectiveness 2011
- Toggle 7 FDA Regulate Labeling of Opioid Analgesics 2012
- Toggle 6 FDA Refuse to Approve King's Remoxy NDA Unless the Conditions Specified in the Petition are Satisfied - CLOSED 2011
- Toggle 6 FDA Take Action With Respect to Abbreviated New Drug Application Citing OxyContin (NDA 22-272) as The Reference Listed Drug -CLOSED 2012
- Toggle 4 FDA Take The Actions Described in the Peitition With Respect to Endo's Discontinued Opana® ER (OxymorphoneHCI) Extended-rekease Tablets 2012
- Toggle 3 CMS Medicaid Program; Covered Outpatient Drugs (CMS-2345-P) 2012
- Toggle 2 FDA Patent Term Extension Application for BUTRANS® (buprenorphine) U.S. Patent No. RE 41571 2012
- Toggle 2 FDA Take Action With Respect to Abbreviated New Drug Application Citing OxyContin (NDA 22-272) as The Reference Listed Drug -CLOSED 2012
- Toggle 2 FDA Impact of Approved Drug Labeling on Chronic Opioid Therapy; Public Hearing; Request for Comments 2012
- Toggle 2 FDA Determine That an Abbreviated New Drug Application (ANDA) Oxycodone Hydrochloride Extended-Release Capsules may be Submitted and be Considered Bioequivalent to the Reference Listed Drug (RLD) Oxycontin® (Oxycodone Hydrochloride Controlled-Release) Tablets 2012