Puget Sound Energy
Puget Sound Energy (PSE) is Washington state's oldest local energy utility providing electrical power and natural gas in the Puget Sound region of the northwest United States. The utility serves electricity to more than 1 million customers in Island, Jefferson, King, Kitsap, Kittitas, Pierce, Skagit, Thurston, and Whatcom counties; and provides natural gas to nearly 750,000 customers in King, Kittitas, Lewis, Pierce, Snohomish and Thurston counties. PSE’s 6,000-square-mile electric and natural gas service area covers the largest metropolitan region north of San Francisco and west of Chicago.
Campaign Finance$2,244,917 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
state-level data is not available in bulk for 2014. for current state data, browse http://followthemoney.org/
- PAC Color Block
- Organization's PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- PAC Color Block
- Organization's PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Puget Sound Energy
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Puget Sound Energy $11,633,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Energy & Nuclear Power,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Environment & Superfund,
- Clean Air & Water,
- Homeland Security,
- Natural Resources
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.2454 American Clean Energy And Security Act of 2009 H.R.2776 Renewable Energy and Energy Conservation Tax Act of 2007 H.R.1380 New Alternative Transportation to Give Americans Solutions Act of 2011 H.R.4149 (Unknown) H.R.2354 Energy and Water Development and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2012 H.R.2766 Fracturing Responsibility and Awareness of Chemicals Act of 2009 H.R.4213 Tax Extenders Act of 2009 H.R.4599 Renewable Energy Expansion Act of 2010 S.1733 Green Taxis Act of 2009
RegulationsMentioned in 612 dockets; Submitted to 13 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Puget Sound Energy" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Puget Sound Energy
- Toggle 1 DOT Special rules for Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport (beyond-perimeter exemptions, i.e., service to another airport more than 1,250 miles away from Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport) 2000
- Toggle 1 FHWA Buy America Policy for Manufactured Products 2013
- Toggle 1 PHMSA U.S. DOT/RSPA - Pipeline Safety - Notice of Proposed Rulemaking - Periodic Underwater Inspections 1997
- Toggle 1 PHMSA Pipeline Safety: Information Collection Activities, Excess Flow Valve Census 2012
- Toggle 1 EERE Energy Conservation Program: Energy Conservation Standards for General Service Fluorescent Lamps and Incandescent Reflector Lamps [71FR30834] (EE-2006-STD-0131) 2006
- Toggle 1 PHMSA Pipeline Integrity Management - Timeframes for Repairing Liquid Pipelines and Requirements for Gas Pipelines Operationed by Liquid Pipeline Operators 2004
- Toggle 1 PHMSA Polyamide-11 (PA-11) Plastic Pipe Design Pressures Gas Pipelines 2005
- Toggle 1 PHMSA Standards for Direct Assessment of Gas and Hazardous Liquid Pipelines 2004
- Toggle 1 PHMSA Pipeline Safety: Pipeline Integrity Management of Natural Gas In High Consequence Areas 2000
- Toggle 1 PHMSA Safety Advisory Notices 2004
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Puget Sound Energy
- Toggle 19 EPA Standards of Performance for Greenhouse Gas Emissions from Existing Sources: Electric Utility Generating Units 2013
- Toggle 19 EPA Rulemaking for the Steam Electric Power Generating Effluent Limitations Guidelines 2009
- Toggle 17 EPA Criteria and Standards for Cooling Water Intake Structures 2008
- Toggle 13 EPA Approval and Promulgation of Implementation Plans; State of Montana; State Implementation Plan and Regional Haze Federal Implementation Plan 2011
- Toggle 9 EERE Energy Conservation Standards for Distribution Transformers 2010
- Toggle 7 EPA National Emission Standards for Hazardous Air Pollutants for Utility Air Toxics; Clean Air Mercury Rule (CAMR) 2002
- Toggle 7 DOE This docket contains Federal Register Notices from the DOE FDMS Sandbox. 2009
- Toggle 7 EPA OK011 Oklahoma Regional Haze State Implementation Plan, Federal Implementation Plan for Interstate Transport of Pollution Affecting Visibility, and Best Available Retrofit Technology Determinations (OK-34) 2010
- Toggle 6 DOE This docket contains Federal Register Notices from the DOE FDMS Sandbox. 2013
- Toggle 6 PHMSA Prevention Thru People - Control Room Management 2007
Federal Spending9 contracts
Federal grants, contracts and loans are reported by federal agencies using the FPDS and FAADS systems. The data is made available to the public at USASpending.gov. Please note that the completeness and quality of the data varies greatly by agency.
Only grants, contracts and loans with amounts over $1 million are shown.
Because company names are not reported in a standardized manner, we cannot reliably determine the company receiving the contract or award. The results shown here are based on a search for the company name. Individual records may be missed or erroneously included because of name variations. For more information, please see our federal spending methodology page.
Note: Company names in federal spending data are not standardized. The table below is included only as a sample of what is available in the data and has not been reviewed for accuracy or completeness. To investigate the data further, use the links at the bottom of the table.
|Puget Sound Energy Incorporated||2005||Public Buildings Service||AUBURN COMPLEX WAREHOUSES ELECTRICAL SERVICES||$5,425,200|
|Puget Sound Energy Incorporated||2007||Public Buildings Service||NATURAL GAS SERVICES||$2,750,000|
|Puget Sound Energy Incorporated||2008||Public Buildings Service||ELECTRIC||$1,650,000|
|Puget Sound Energy Inc||2006||$1,500,535|
|Puget Sound Energy Incorporated||2004||Public Buildings Service||MEETS REQUIREMENT||$1,500,000|
|Puget Sound Energy Inc||2006||$1,388,071|
|Puget Sound Energy Inc||2006||$1,376,069|
|Puget Sound Energy Inc||2006||$1,248,173|
|Puget Sound Energy Inc||2006||$1,000,788|
EPA Violations2 Enforcement Actions
Figures are based on data from the Environmental Protection Agency’s ECHO website. The ECHO database contains federal and state environmental enforcement actions. Data displayed here includes only those actions that began after 2000 and resulted in fines of over $1 million.
Actions where the company was the sole defendant are listed first. Actions where the company is one of multiple defendants are listed subsequently.
For more information see our EPA methodology page.
|Puget Sound Energy Inc||Puget Sound Energy Inc||2006||Greenwater, Wa||$1,700,000|
|Ppl Montana - Colstrip Power Plant||Puget Sound Energy (+5 others)||2007||Billings, Mt||$29,050,000|
Advisory Committees2 people on 2 committees
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "Puget Sound Energy" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Department of Agriculture 2 people on 2 committees