The Prudential Insurance Company of America (NYSE: PRU) is a Fortune Global 500 and Fortune 500 company whose subsidiaries provide insurance, investment management, and other financial products and services to both retail and institutional customers throughout the United States and in over 30 other countries. Principal products and services provided include life insurance, annuities, mutual funds, pension- and retirement-related investments, administration and asset management, securities brokerage services, and commercial and residential real estate in many states of the U.S. It provides these products and services to individual and institutional customers through distribution networks in the financial services industry. Prudential has operations in the United States, Asia, Europe and Latin America and has organized its principal operations into the Financial Services Businesses and the Closed Block Business.
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's December 31, 2012 filing.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Standardized Donation Informationcovers roughly through Q3 2013. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Prudential Insurance
Names of Lobbyists
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.1424 Federal Acquisition Improvement Act of 2011 H.R.677 Lifetime Income Disclosure Act H.R.749 To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to permanently extend the subpart F exemption for active financing income. S.267 Lifetime Income Disclosure Act H.R.1222 GSE Subsidy Elimination Act of 2011 H.R.1223 GSE Credit Risk Equitable Treatment Act of 2011 H.R.1224 GSE Portfolio Risk Reduction Act of 2011 H.R.1227 GSE Risk and Activities Limitation Act of 2011 S.693 GSE Bailout Elimination and Taxpayer Protection Act S.3217 Private Fund Investment Advisers Registration Act of 2010
RegulationsMentioned in 13 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Prudential Insurance" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Prudential Insurance
- Toggle 7 TREAS Public Input on the Report to Congress on How to Modernize and Improve the System of Insurance Regulation in the United States 2011
- Toggle 6 OCC Volcker Rule - Prohibition on Proprietary Trading and Certain Relationships with Hedge Funds and Private Equity Funds 2011
- Toggle 1 SEC Applications: Pruco Life Insurance Company, et al. 2012
- Toggle 1 OCC Regulatory Capital Rules (Part I): Regulatory Capital, Minimum Regulatory Capital Ratios, Capital Adequacy, Transition Provisions 2012
- Toggle 1 SEC Whistleblower Provisions of the Securities Exchange Act 2011
- Toggle 1 OCC Regulatory Capital Rules (Part III): Advanced Approaches Risk-based Capital Rules; Market Risk Capital Rule 2012
- Toggle 1 CMS Uniform Disclosure to Consumers: Benefit Design, Cost Sharing, & Standards for Definitions 2011
- Toggle 1 USTR Generalized System of Preferences (GSP): Notice of Initiation of the 2012 Annual GSP Product and Country Practices Review; Deadlines for Filing Petitions 2012
- Toggle 1 EPA Prevention of Significant Deterioration Permit for the Pio Pico Energy Center 2011
- Toggle 1 IRS Longevity Annuity Contracts 2012