Produce Marketing Assn
The Produce Marketing Association (PMA) is a global trade association whose 2200 members represent the full supply chain of the produce and mass-market floral industry, from seed producer to supermarket or foodservice outlet. It was founded in 1949. Mike O'Brien of Schnucks Markets in St. Louis, MO is the current chairman of the board of directors. The staff President and CEO is Bryan Silbermann, CAE. PMA sponsors an annual convention and exposition called Fresh Summit. The 2011 event will be held in Atlanta, GA on October 14-17.
Campaign Finance$5,500 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- PAC Color Block
- Organization's PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars
State vs. Federalin dollars
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Produce Marketing Assn
Names of Lobbyists
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Food Industry
RegulationsMentioned in 24 dockets; Submitted to 15 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Produce Marketing Assn" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Produce Marketing Assn
- Toggle 3 FDA Current Good Manufacturing Practice and Hazard Analysis and Risk-Based Preventive Controls For Human Food 2011
- Toggle 3 FDA Section 307. Accreditation of Third-Party Auditors 2011
- Toggle 3 FDA Section 301. Foreign Supplier Verification Program 2011
- Toggle 2 FDA Standards for the Growing, Harvesting, Packing and Holding of Produce for Human Consumption 2011
- Toggle 1 FNS National School Lunch and School Breakfast Programs: Nutrition Standards for All Foods Sold in School, as Required by the Healthy, Hunger-Free Kids Act of 2010 2011
- Toggle 1 FDA Current Good Manufacturing Practice and Hazard Analysis and Risk-Based Preventive Controls for Food For Animals 2011
- Toggle 1 FDA Section 302. Voluntary Qualified Importer Program 2011
- Toggle 1 FDA Section 303. Authority to Require Import Certifications for Food 2011
- Toggle 1 FDA FDA Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA): Focus on Inspections and Compliance 2011
- Toggle 1 FMCSA Pilot Program on NAFTA Long-Haul Trucking Provisions 2011
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Produce Marketing Assn
- Toggle 18 FDA Standards for the Growing, Harvesting, Packing and Holding of Produce for Human Consumption 2011
- Toggle 11 FDA Current Good Manufacturing Practice and Hazard Analysis and Risk-Based Preventive Controls For Human Food 2011
- Toggle 7 FNS National School Lunch and School Breakfast Programs: Nutrition Standards for All Foods Sold in School, as Required by the Healthy, Hunger-Free Kids Act of 2010 2011
- Toggle 5 FDA Section 301. Foreign Supplier Verification Program 2011
- Toggle 4 FDA Section 307. Accreditation of Third-Party Auditors 2011
- Toggle 3 FDA Food Labeling; Calorie Labeling of Articles of Food in Vending Machines 2011
- Toggle 2 FDA Implementation of the FDA Food Safety Modernization Act Provision Requiring FDA to Establish Pilot Projects and Submit a Report to Congress for the Improvement of Tracking and Tracing of Food; Request for Comments and for Information 2012
- Toggle 2 USTR Request for Comments on Japan’s Expression of Interest in the Proposed Trans-Pacific Partnership Trade Agreement 2011
- Toggle 2 FDA Ensuring the Safety of Imported Foods and Animal Feed: Comparability of Food Safety Systems and Import Practices of Foreign Countries; Public Hearing; Request for Comments 2011
- Toggle 1 FDA Guidance for Industry on Evaluating the Safety of Flood-affected Food Crops for Human Consumption; Availability 2011