Prime Therapeutics LLC is a Pharmacy Benefit Manager (PBM) headquartered in Eagan, Minnesota. The company is privately held by organizations representing 12 Blue Cross and Blue Shield (BCBS) plans in Alabama, Florida, Illinois, Kansas, Minnesota, Montana, Nebraska, New Mexico, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Texas and Wyoming. Prime Therapeutics operates contact centers in Omaha, Nebraska and Irving, Texas and operates two mail service pharmacies in Irving, Texas, and Albuquerque, New Mexico. The company also has offices in Chicago, Jacksonville, Florida, Alabama and Washington, D.C.
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's December 31, 2012 filing.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Standardized Donation Informationcovers roughly through Q4 2012. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Prime Therapeutics
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Prime Therapeutics $1,067,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Health Issues,
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title S.1058 Pharmacy Competition and Consumer Choice Act of 2011 H.R.1971 Pharmacy Competition and Consumer Choice Act of 2011 H.R.1946 Preserving Our Hometown Independent Pharmacies Act of 2011 H.R.605 Patients' Freedom to Choose Act S.312 Patients' Freedom to Choose Act H.R.4215 Medicare Pharmacy Transparency and Fair Auditing Act S.1789 21st Century Postal Service Act of 2011 H.R.2309 Postal Reform Act of 2011 H.R.5651 Food and Drug Administration Reform Act of 2012 S.2516 Food and Drug Administration Safety and Innovation Act
RegulationsMentioned in 6 dockets; Submitted to 3 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Prime Therapeutics" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Prime Therapeutics
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Prime Therapeutics
- Toggle 2 HHS Establishment of Exchanges and Qualified Health Plans 2011
- Toggle 2 CMS Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act; HHS Notice of Benefit and Payment Parameters for 2014 (CMS-9964-P) 2012
- Toggle 1 OPM Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act: Establishment of Multi-State Plan Program for Affordable Insurance Exchanges 2012
- Toggle 1 CMS Exchanges Part II--Standards Related to Essential Health Benefits; Health Insurance Issuer and Exchange Responsibilities with Respect to Actuarial Value, Quality, and Accreditation CMS-9980-P 2012
- Toggle 1 FDA Using Innovative Technologies and Other Conditions of Safe Use To Expand Which Drug Products Can Be Considered Nonprescription 2012
- Toggle 1 HHS State Requirements for Exchange--Reinsurance and Risk Adjustments 2011