PPL, formerly known as PP&L; or Pennsylvania Power and Light , is an energy company headquartered in Allentown, Pennsylvania, USA. It currently controls about 19,000 megawatts (MW) of electrical generating capacity in the United States, primarily in Pennsylvania and Montana, and delivers electricity to 1.4 million customers in Pennsylvania, nearly a million in Kentucky, and 2.6 million in Great Britain. It also provides natural gas delivery service to 321,000 customers in Kentucky.
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's February 1, 2011 filing.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Standardized Donation Informationcovers roughly through Q4 2012. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of PPL Corp
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount PPL Corp $2,610,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Energy & Nuclear Power,
- Clean Air & Water,
- Environment & Superfund,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Homeland Security,
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.1 Full-Year Continuing Appropriations Act, 2011 H.R.909 A Roadmap for America's Energy Future H.R.2273 Coal Residuals Reuse and Management Act S.559 Securing America's Future with Energy and Sustainable Technologies Act H.R.174 Homeland Security Cyber and Physical Infrastructure Protection Act of 2011 H.R.668 Secure High-voltage Infrastructure for Electricity from Lethal Damage Act H.R.2891 America's Energy Independence Act S.4 Make America the World's Leader in Clean Energy Act S.413 Cybersecurity and Internet Freedom Act H.R.199 Protect America's Energy and Manufacturing Jobs Act of 2011
RegulationsMentioned in 19 dockets; Submitted to 1 docket
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "PPL Corp" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for PPL Corp
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for PPL Corp
- Toggle 5 EPA Standards of Performance for Fossil-Fuel-Fired, Electric Utility, Industrial-Commercial-Institutional, and Small Industrial-Commercial-Institutional Steam Generating Unit 2011
- Toggle 3 EPA Hazardous and Solid Waste Management System: Identification and Listing of Special Wastes; Disposal of Coal Combustion Residuals From Electric Utilities: Notice of Data Availability 2011
- Toggle 3 EPA Greenhouse Gas New Source Performance Standard for Electric Generating Units 2011
- Toggle 3 EPA Approval and Promulgation of Implementation Plans; State of Montana; State Implementation Plan and Regional Haze Federal Implementation Plan 2011
- Toggle 2 EPA Air Quality Designations and Classifications for the 2010 SO2 Standards 2012
- Toggle 2 State Implementation Plans: Response to Petition for Rulemaking; Findings of Substantial Inadequacy; and SIP Calls to Amend Provisions Applying to Excess Emissions During Periods of Startup, Shutdown, and Malfunction 2012
- Toggle 2 Hazardous and Solid Waste Management System: Identification and Listing of Special Wastes; Disposal of Coal Combustion Residuals From Electric Utilities: Notice of Data Availability and Request for Comment. 2012
- Toggle 1 EERE Energy Conservation Program for Consumer Products and Certain Commercial and Industrial Equipment: Energy Conservation Standards for Residential Water Heaters Request for information 2012
- Toggle 1 EPA Response to the Section 126 Petitions From New Jersey submitted May 12, 2010 and September 13, 2010 2011
- Toggle 1 DOT 2012 - Small Community Air Service Development Program 2012