Population Action International
Population Action International (PAI) is an international nongovernmental organization that uses research and advocacy to improve global access to family planning and reproductive health care. Its mission is to "ensure that every person has the right and access to sexual and reproductive health, so that humanity and the natural environment can exist in balance with fewer people living in poverty." PAI's headquarters are in Washington, DC.
Campaign Finance$87,560 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Population Action International
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Population Action International $1,330,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Foreign Relations
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.1410 Newborn, Child, and Mother Survival Act of 2009 S.311 Global Democracy Promotion Act H.R.1319 Global Sexual and Reproductive Health Act of 2011 S.414 International Protecting Girls by Preventing Child Marriage Act of 2011 H.R.2059 To prohibit funding to the United Nations Population Fund. H.R.2337 Kate Puzey Peace Corps Volunteer Protection Act of 2011'. H.R.2454 American Clean Energy And Security Act of 2009 H.R.2639 Global Democracy Promotion Act H.R.2829 United Nations Transparency, Accountability, and Reform Act of 2011 S.1585 Global Democracy Promotion Act
RegulationsMentioned in 15 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Population Action International" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Population Action International
- Toggle 1 USCG Safety Zone; City of West Haven Fireworks, Bradley Point, West Haven, CT 2007
- Toggle 1 HHS Organizational Integrity of Entities Implementing Leadership Act Programs and Activities 2009
- Toggle 1 EPA Preliminary 2006 Effluent Guidelines Program Plan 2004
- Toggle 1 FWS 14 Parrot Species 2009
- Toggle 1 NOAA Revisions to Channel Islands National Marine Sanctuary Regulations 2007
- Toggle 1 EPA National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) Water Transfers Rule 2006
- Toggle 1 FDA Relabeling of Certain Oral Contraceptives 1994
- Toggle 1 EPA Open Market Trading 2004
- Toggle 1 EPA National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System Permit Regulation and Effluent Limitations Guidelines and Standards for Concentrated Animal Feeding Operations (CAFOs). 2002
- Toggle 1 EPA Greenhouse Gas New Source Performance Standard for Electric Generating Units 2011