Some of this data may be out of date
State influence data from the National Institute on Money in State Politics changed in format and availability during the 2013-2014 election cycle. While we work to integrate their new style of data release, state-level campaign finance data for the 2014 cycle and beyond will be unavailable. We apologize for the inconvenience, but heartily recommend trying out their snazzy new site at FollowTheMoney.org!
Campaign Finance$1,000 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
state-level data is not available in bulk for 2014. for current state data, browse http://followthemoney.org/
- PAC Color Block
- Organization's PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars
State vs. Federalin dollars
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying Carried Out by PodestaMattoon
Names of Lobbyists
Client Amount Science Coalition $4,800,000 National Assn of Broadcasters $2,060,000 Pharmaceutical Rsrch & Mfrs of America $2,010,000 Lockheed Martin $1,980,000 Children's National Medical Center $1,860,000 Cingular Wireless $1,720,000 FM Watch $1,660,000 Qualcomm Inc $1,600,000 Genentech Inc $1,580,000 Amgen Inc $1,520,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Health Issues,
- Copyright, Patent & Trademark,
- Radio & TV Broadcasting,
- Medicare & Medicaid,
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.5672 Science, State, Justice, Commerce, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2007 H.R.5647 Departments of Labor, Health and Human Services, and Education, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2007 H.R.5122 National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2007 H.R.4241 Deficit Reduction Act of 2005 S.1932 Deficit Reduction Act of 2005 S.2766 Heroes at Home Act of 2006 H.R.5384 Agriculture, Rural Development, Food and Drug Administration, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2007 S.1873 Biodefense and Pandemic Vaccine and Drug Development Act of 2005 H.R.2795 Patent Act of 2005 H.R.5576 Transportation, Treasury, Housing and Urban Development, the Judiciary, the District of Columbia and Independent Agencies Appropriations Act, 2007