Poarch Band of Creek Indians
The Poarch Band of Creek Indians is the only federally recognized tribe of Native Americans residing in the southern part of the state of Alabama. Historically speaking the Muskogean language, they were formerly known as the Creek Nation East of the Mississippi. They are located mostly in Escambia County. They operate three gaming casinos and a hotel.
Some of this data may be out of date
State influence data from the National Institute on Money in State Politics changed in format and availability during the 2013-2014 election cycle. While we work to integrate their new style of data release, state-level campaign finance data for the 2014 cycle and beyond will be unavailable. We apologize for the inconvenience, but heartily recommend trying out their snazzy new site at FollowTheMoney.org!
Campaign Finance$1,569,252 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
state-level data is not available in bulk for 2014. for current state data, browse http://followthemoney.org/
- PAC Color Block
- Organization's PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- PAC Color Block
- Organization's PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Poarch Band of Creek Indians
Names of Lobbyists
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Indian/Native American Affairs,
- Health Issues,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Gaming, Gambling & Casinos,
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.1 American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 H.R.1328 Indian Health Care Improvement Act Amendments of 2007 S.1200 Indian Health Care Improvement Act Amendments of 2007 S.200 Alaska Water Resources Act of 2007
RegulationsMentioned in 108 dockets; Submitted to 8 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Poarch Band of Creek Indians" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Poarch Band of Creek Indians
- Toggle 1 ACF CFSR Public Comment 2011
- Toggle 1 ACF Request for Public Comment Concerning the Redesign of Statewide Automated Child Welfare Information System (SACWIS) Requirements 2010
- Toggle 1 NIGC Classification Standards for Bingo, Lotto, Other Games Similar to Bingo, Pull Tabs and Instand Bingo As Class II Gaming When Played Through an Electronic Medium Useing "Electronic, Computer, or Other Technologic Aids". 2007
- Toggle 1 NIGC Minimum Internal Control Standards for Class II Gaming 2007
- Toggle 1 NIGC Definition for Electronic or Electromechanical Facimile 2007
- Toggle 1 NHTSA Notice of Intent to Prepare Environmental Assessment for Pedestrian Safety Enhancement 2011
- Toggle 1 IRS Information Returns; Winnings From Bingo, Keno, and Slot Machines (REG-132253-11) 2015
- Toggle 1 NIGC Technical Standards for Electronic, Compuer, or Other Technologic Aids Used in the Play of Class II Games 2007
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Poarch Band of Creek Indians
- Toggle 15 USCG TORP Terminal LP, Bienville Offshore Energy Terminal Liquefied Natural Gas Deepwater Port License Application 2006
- Toggle 7 IHS Recently Posted IHS Rules and Notices. 2007
- Toggle 5 USCG Compass Port LLC Liquefied Natural Gas Deepwater Port License Application 2004
- Toggle 5 NIGC Definition for Electronic or Electromechanical Facimile 2007
- Toggle 5 NIGC Classification Standards for Bingo, Lotto, Other Games Similar to Bingo, Pull Tabs and Instand Bingo As Class II Gaming When Played Through an Electronic Medium Useing "Electronic, Computer, or Other Technologic Aids". 2007
- Toggle 4 EPA General Permits for the Tribal Minor NSR Program 2011
- Toggle 4 NIGC Technical Standards for Electronic, Compuer, or Other Technologic Aids Used in the Play of Class II Games 2007
- Toggle 4 NIGC Minimum Internal Control Standards for Class II Gaming 2007
- Toggle 3 CMS Cost Limit for Providers Operated by Units of Government and Provisions to Ensure the Integrity of Federal-State Financial Partnership 2010
- Toggle 3 EPA Air Quality Designations for the 2012 PM2.5 Standards 2012
Federal Spending8 grants
Federal grants, contracts and loans are reported by federal agencies using the FPDS and FAADS systems. The data is made available to the public at USASpending.gov. Please note that the completeness and quality of the data varies greatly by agency.
Only grants, contracts and loans with amounts over $1 million are shown.
Because company names are not reported in a standardized manner, we cannot reliably determine the company receiving the contract or award. The results shown here are based on a search for the company name. Individual records may be missed or erroneously included because of name variations. For more information, please see our federal spending methodology page.
Note: Company names in federal spending data are not standardized. The table below is included only as a sample of what is available in the data and has not been reviewed for accuracy or completeness. To investigate the data further, use the links at the bottom of the table.
|Poarch Band Of Creek Indians||2010||Assistant Secretary For Public And Indian Housing||INDIAN HSG BLOCK GR||$2,011,903|
|Poarch Band Of Creek Indians||2011||Assistant Secretary For Public And Indian Housing||INDIAN HSG BLOCK GR||$1,908,201|
|Poarch Band Of Creek Indians||2012||Assistant Secretary For Public And Indian Housing||INDIAN HSG BLOCK GR||$1,859,361|
|Poarch Band Of Creek Indians||2012||Assistant Secretary For Public And Indian Housing||INDIAN HSG BLOCK GR||$1,718,201|
|Poarch Band Of Creek Indians||2006||Assistant Secretary For Policy Development And Research||INDIAN HSG BLOCK GR||$1,705,581|
|Poarch Band Of Creek Indians||2009||Assistant Secretary For Public And Indian Housing||INDIAN HSG BLOCK GR||$1,641,209|
|Poarch Band Of Creek Indians||2008||Assistant Secretary For Public And Indian Housing||INDIAN HSG BLOCK GR||$1,566,729|
|Poarch Band Of Creek Indians||2012||Assistant Secretary For Public And Indian Housing||INDIAN HSG BLOCK GR||$1,088,613|
Advisory Committees3 people on 4 committees
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "Poarch Band of Creek Indians" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Department of Health and Human Services 2 people on 2 committees
- Toggle Department of the Interior 1 person on 1 committee
- Toggle Department of Labor 1 person on 1 committee