PJM Interconnection LLC (PJM) is a Regional Transmission Organization (RTO) which is part of the Eastern Interconnection grid operating an electric transmission system serving all or parts of Delaware, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Maryland, Michigan, New Jersey, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Virginia, West Virginia and the District of Columbia. PJM, headquartered in Valley Forge, Pennsylvania, is currently the world's largest competitive wholesale electricity market. More than 650 companies are members of PJM, which serves 51 million customers and has 167 gigawatts of generating capacity. With 1,325 generation sources, 56,000 miles of transmission lines and 6,038 transmission substations, PJM delivered 682 terawatt-hours of electricity in 2009.
Campaign Finance$760 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of PJM Interconnection
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount PJM Interconnection $750,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
RegulationsMentioned in 882 dockets; Submitted to 1 docket
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "PJM Interconnection" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for PJM Interconnection
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for PJM Interconnection
- Toggle 31 EERE Energy Conservation Program for Consumer Products and Certain Commercial and Industrial Equipment: Energy Conservation Standards for Residential Water Heaters Request for information 2012
- Toggle 18 EPA Standards of Performance for Fossil-Fuel-Fired, Electric Utility, Industrial-Commercial-Institutional, and Small Industrial-Commercial-Institutional Steam Generating Unit 2011
- Toggle 16 EPA Greenhouse Gas New Source Performance Standard for Electric Generating Units 2011
- Toggle 9 DOE This docket contains Federal Register Notices from the DOE FDMS Sandbox. 2012
- Toggle 8 DOE This docket contains Federal Register Notices from the DOE FDMS Sandbox. 2011
- Toggle 5 EPA Proposed Settlement Agreement in EnerNOC, et al v. EPA, No. 10-1090 (D.C. Cir.) and EnerNOC, et al v. EPA, No. 10-1336 (D.C. Cir.). 2011
- Toggle 5 FWS Buckeye Wind Power Project, Champaign County, Ohio 2012
- Toggle 4 BOEM Commercial Renewable Energy Transmission Development on the Outer Continental Shelf (OCS) offshore mid-Atlantic States, Notice of Proposed Grant Area and Request for Competitive Interest in the Atlantic Wind Connection Proposal 2011
- Toggle 4 NHTSA Environmental Impact Statement for Corporate Average Fuel Economy (CAFE)Standards, Model Years 2017-2025 2011
- Toggle 3 EPA NJ Regional Haze Program 2011