PJM Interconnection LLC (PJM) is a Regional Transmission Organization (RTO) which is part of the Eastern Interconnection grid operating an electric transmission system serving all or parts of Delaware, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Maryland, Michigan, New Jersey, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Virginia, West Virginia and the District of Columbia. PJM, headquartered in Valley Forge, Pennsylvania, is currently the world's largest competitive wholesale electricity market. More than 650 companies are members of PJM, which serves 51 million customers and has 167 gigawatts of generating capacity. With 1,325 generation sources, 56,000 miles of transmission lines and 6,038 transmission substations, PJM delivered 682 terawatt-hours of electricity in 2009.
Campaign Finance$250 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars
State vs. Federalin dollars
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of PJM Interconnection
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount PJM Interconnection $1,060,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.2211 National Clean Energy Superhighways Act of 2009 H.R.2454 American Clean Energy And Security Act of 2009 H.R.4173 Wall Street Transparency and Accountability Act of 2010 H.R.977 Derivatives Markets Transparency and Accountability Act of 2009 S.3217 Private Fund Investment Advisers Registration Act of 2010 H.R.1 American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 S.539 Clean Renewable Energy and Economic Development Act S.1436 Energy and Water Development and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2010
RegulationsMentioned in 491 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "PJM Interconnection" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for PJM Interconnection
- Toggle 52 EPA National Emission Standards for Hazardous Air Pollutants for Coal- and Oil-fired Electric Utility Steam Generating Units 2009
- Toggle 18 DOE This docket contains Federal Register Notices from the DOE FDMS Sandbox. 2009
- Toggle 12 EPA HAZARDOUS AND SOLID WASTE MANAGEMENT SYSTEM; IDENTIFICATION AND LISTING OF SPECIAL WASTES; DISPOSAL OF COAL COMBUSTION RESIDUALS FROM ELECTRIC UTILITIES 2009
- Toggle 11 EPA Clean Air Transport Rule 2009
- Toggle 9 EPA NJ Subchapters 16 & 19 2010
- Toggle 9 EERE Energy Conservation Standards for Distribution Transformers 2010
- Toggle 9 EPA Rulemaking for the Steam Electric Power Generating Effluent Limitations Guidelines 2009
- Toggle 7 EPA Maryland-Revisions to Emission Limitations for R. Paul Smith Power Station 2010
- Toggle 4 EERE This docket contains Federal Register Notices from the EERE FDMS Sandbox. 2009
- Toggle 3 WAPA This docket contains Federal Register Notices from the WAPA FDMS Sandbox. 2009
Advisory Committees1 person on 1 committee
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "PJM Interconnection" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle National Science Foundation 1 person on 1 committee