Pinnacle West Capital
Arizona Public Service Company is the largest electric utility in Arizona and the principal subsidiary of publicly-traded S&P; 500 member Pinnacle West Capital Corporation (NYSE: PNW), which in turn had been formerly named AZP Group, when Arizona Public Service reorganized as that holding company in 1985.
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's December 31, 2012 filing.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Standardized Donation Informationcovers roughly through Q3 2013. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Pinnacle West Capital
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Pinnacle West Capital $1,570,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Energy & Nuclear Power,
- Environment & Superfund,
- Clean Air & Water,
- Homeland Security,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.674 3% Withholding Repeal and Job Creation Act H.R.199 Protect America's Energy and Manufacturing Jobs Act of 2011 H.R.750 Defending America's Affordable Energy and Jobs Act H.R.910 Energy Tax Prevention Act of 2011 S.21 Cyber Security and American Cyber Competitiveness Act of 2011 H.R.153 Ensuring Affordable Energy Act H.R.668 Secure High-voltage Infrastructure for Electricity from Lethal Damage Act H.R.909 A Roadmap for America's Energy Future H.R.1872 Employment Protection Act of 2011 H.R.2068 Nuclear Regulatory Commission Continuation Act
RegulationsMentioned in 14 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Pinnacle West Capital" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Pinnacle West Capital
- Toggle 4 EPA Approval and Promulgation of Implementation Plans; Arizona; Regional Haze State Implementation Plan: FIP 2012
- Toggle 2 EPA Approval, Disapproval and Promulgation of Air Quality Implementation Plans; State of Arizona; Regional Haze State Implementation Plan and Interstate Transport Plan; Interference with Visibility Requirement 2012
- Toggle 2 EPA WA RH TransAlta Update 2012
- Toggle 1 NRC Applications and Amendments to Facility Operating Licenses and Combined Licenses Involving No Significant Hazards Considerations 2012
- Toggle 1 FTC Granting of Request for Early Termination of the Waiting Period Under the Premerger Notification Rules 2012
- Toggle 1 Proposed partial disapproval of Arizona 309 Regional Haze SIP submitted on December 24, 2008. 2012
- Toggle 1 EPA "State of Hawaii; Regional Haze Federal Implementation Plan" 2012
- Toggle 1 EPA Approval and Promulgation of Implementation Plans; State of Montana; State Implementation Plan and Regional Haze Federal Implementation Plan 2011
- Toggle 1 NRC Applications and Amendments to Facility Operating Licenses Involving No Significant Hazards Considerations 2011
- Toggle 1 NRC Applications and Amendments to Facility Operating Licenses Involving No Significant Hazards Considerations 2012