Pinnacle West Capital
Arizona Public Service Company is the largest electric utility in Arizona and the principal subsidiary of publicly-traded S&P; 500 member Pinnacle West Capital Corporation (NYSE: PNW), which in turn had been formerly named AZP Group, when Arizona Public Service reorganized as that holding company in 1985.
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's December 31, 2010 filing.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Standardized Donation Informationcovers roughly through Q4 2012. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Pinnacle West Capital
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Pinnacle West Capital $1,490,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Energy & Nuclear Power,
- Environment & Superfund,
- Clean Air & Water,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Homeland Security
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.2454 American Clean Energy And Security Act of 2009 S.1733 Green Taxis Act of 2009 H.R.5297 Small Business Jobs and Credit Act of 2010 H.R.2471 Uranium Enrichment Decontamination and Decommissioning Fund Reauthorization Act of 2009 S.3464 Practical Energy and Climate Plan Act of 2010 S.949 21st Century Energy Technology Deployment Act S.1061 Uranium Enrichment Decontamination and Decommissioning Fund Reauthorization Act of 2009 H.R.4213 Tax Extenders Act of 2009 S.2877 Carbon Limits and Energy for America's Renewal (CLEAR) Act H.R.2998 American Clean Energy and Security Act of 2009
RegulationsMentioned in 44 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Pinnacle West Capital" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Pinnacle West Capital
- Toggle 10 EPA Source Specific Federal Implementation Plan for Implementing Best Available Retrofit Technology for Four Corners Power Plant: Navajo Nation 2010
- Toggle 4 DOE This docket contains Federal Register Notices from the DOE FDMS Sandbox. 2009
- Toggle 4 EPA Assessment of Anticipated Visibility Improvements at Surrounding Class I Areas and Cost Effectiveness of Best Available Retrofit Technology for Four Corners Power Plant and Navajo Generating Station 2009
- Toggle 3 NRC Receipt and Availability of Application for Renewal of Palo Verde Nuclear Generating Station, Units 1, 2 and 3 Facility Operating Licenses 2009
- Toggle 2 EPA Revisions to the Definition of Solid Waste 2010
- Toggle 2 EPA HAZARDOUS AND SOLID WASTE MANAGEMENT SYSTEM; IDENTIFICATION AND LISTING OF SPECIAL WASTES; DISPOSAL OF COAL COMBUSTION RESIDUALS FROM ELECTRIC UTILITIES 2009
- Toggle 2 EPA Polychlorinated Biphenyls (PCBs); Reassessment of Use Authorizations 2009
- Toggle 2 EPA National Emission Standards for Hazardous Air Pollutants for Coal- and Oil-fired Electric Utility Steam Generating Units 2009
- Toggle 1 NRC Notice of Availability; NUREG-1921 "EPRI/NRC-RES Fire Human Reliability Analysis Guidelines" 2009
- Toggle 1 SEC References to Ratings of Nationally Recognized Statistical Rating Organizations 2009
EPA Violations1 Enforcement Actions
Figures are based on data from the Environmental Protection Agency’s ECHO website. The ECHO database contains federal and state environmental enforcement actions. Data displayed here includes only those actions that began after 2000 and resulted in fines of over $1 million.
Actions where the company was the sole defendant are listed first. Actions where the company is one of multiple defendants are listed subsequently.
For more information see our EPA methodology page.
|Motorola 52nd Street Ao For Ri/Fs With Honeywell And Arizona Psc||Arizona Public Service Company (+1 others)||2009||Phoenix, Az||$1,500,000|
Advisory Committees1 person on 1 committee
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "Pinnacle West Capital" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Department of Transportation 1 person on 1 committee